cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock.com pre-approval email. SP or HP?

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Overstock.com pre-approval email. SP or HP?

Hello All

I tried the SCT for Overstock a couple weeks back and did not get a pop-up

I tried around the same time with Wayfair and did get a pop-up and was approved for 4k

Fast fwd Today I get an email saying I'm pre-approved for a Overstock and it has a prescreen code I am to enter and an Accept Offer button.

I'm just not sure what behind the "Accept Offer" button.  Will it be a HP or SP?

Anyone have this before?

Thanks All

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock.com pre-approval email. SP or HP?

There is no definitive answer to it as people have gotten mixed results. Mine ended in a hardpull so you might want to call and verify from them directly before accepting.

Message 2 of 8
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I will do that..... errr uhh.... Who do I call. Comenity or Overstock?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Comenity since they are the one that provide the credit.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went the opposite route, SCT for Overstock, followed a few days later by an email preapproval for Wayfair.  Both were an SP for me, but as mentioned, it could go either way.

Message 5 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@nupey10 wrote:

Hello All

I tried the SCT for Overstock a couple weeks back and did not get a pop-up

I tried around the same time with Wayfair and did get a pop-up and was approved for 4k

Fast fwd Today I get an email saying I'm pre-approved for a Overstock and it has a prescreen code I am to enter and an Accept Offer button.

I'm just not sure what behind the "Accept Offer" button.  Will it be a HP or SP?

Anyone have this before?

Thanks All

I have had my card almost 2 years and I got it through a pre-approved email. Mine was a soft pull...they did not do a hard pull.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this email from over stock, and I don't have a prescreen code, so I pushed the push button... Come too find out it's a hp
Message 7 of 8
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

For me was hp. Lock your credit reports first. My EQ was unloked and hp quick lol.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.