Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE ADVISE - Chase Freedom Unlimited $300 Bonus Offer

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE ADVISE - Chase Freedom Unlimited $300 Bonus Offer

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you bourgogne! I called and they said my Experian was frozen so I just took it off ice and I'm about to call them back.

you got this!  congrats in advance

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied because I'm over 5/24.
Message 12 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Denied because I'm over 5/24.

drat, well you roll the dice and it can happen.  had the same thing, banker called last year said I had a pre-qual pop up on the grid for a cic, did an app through a biz banker friend of his to get more sub and it came back pending.  he called me and while on the phone it turned into a no.  I thought he was pulling my leg.  that is when I knew the tide had shifted at chase and that 5/25 via the branch was gone forever snif snif.  I reconed 3-4x.  you should do the same, tell them it was a green check mark and green means go!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly! Lol! Well maybe if my report wasn't frozen it might have gone through with the bypass. When I asked the rep for reconsideration he said it was a hard denial and there was no opportunity for reconsideration. I'll try to call back tomorrow. Not going to cry over spilled milk though.
Message 14 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly! Lol! Well maybe if my report wasn't frozen it might have gone through with the bypass. When I asked the rep for reconsideration he said it was a hard denial and there was no opportunity for reconsideration. I'll try to call back tomorrow. Not going to cry over spilled milk though.

good grief, the hard denial is what the last women wrote into my record.  she said please don't call anymore ha-ha.  that was my last app for 18 months, I froze up right after and the rest is history.  and every time I log into amex I get hit with offers, have to stay strong.  recon it on friday, see what happens

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was approved! I realized that they might pull TU which looks better for me. I was only approved for $5K but super excited to finally have my goal of one Chase and one Amex. The only reason I didn't do the CSR is because they are offering the 50000 points on CSP and I have no major travel plans til 2019 so no reason to pay the huge annual fee. But with the $5K limit I'm glad I didn't! I'll try to upgrade to CSR before next year's trip planning though. Going into the garden is going to be so much sweeter now.
Message 16 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:

You guys have my finger itching!!! So I ran to a branch before it closed and the banker said he didn't see any pre-approvals for me...however the only thing that has changed since I got the little green check mark is my utilization and I think an inquiry fell off.

I wanted to go for Flagship b/c I know they max out at $80K in time. My CL was only $7200 (3 Cap Ones) when Navy offered me $15Kfor a Cash Rewards in Oct while Amex only gave me $1K and Chase declined my CFU app. At the time my scores were around what you see in my signature. I know my Equifax FICO took an almost 20 point hit between the new accounts and current util. But the little check mark appeared after my AMEX was finally reported on my CRs in December. I'm wondering if the AMEX is the magic ticket to getting the Chase offer...Smiley Surprised

No more apps for me after March. Whatever cards I get between now and then will be it until I buy my house in late 2019 to early 2020...

And now they sent me an alert about the offer and have it sitting under my checking account when I log in...the torture!!!

My view is that one shouldn't take a preapproval seriously if one's score has dropped very recently, since the score that triggered the preapproval isn't there any more. I would wait until the score gets back to where it was.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 17 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:
So I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was approved! I realized that they might pull TU which looks better for me. I was only approved for $5K but super excited to finally have my goal of one Chase and one Amex. The only reason I didn't do the CSR is because they are offering the 50000 points on CSP and I have no major travel plans til 2019 so no reason to pay the huge annual fee. But with the $5K limit I'm glad I didn't! I'll try to upgrade to CSR before next year's trip planning though. Going into the garden is going to be so much sweeter now.

Wow, a happy ending after all Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you still ended up with a card you're happy with!!
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.  When your card is about to expire, they'll send you a new metal one to replace it.  They'll also send a small cardboard envelope asking you to return your original metal card.  Maybe they recycle the metal or something.

Got my new one in the mail yesterday.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.