cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Credit(formerly Bill pay) Update!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Pal Credit(formerly Bill pay) denied

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Question,

With PayPal credit lets say I sent $500 to a friend to buy an item, would it still be 6 Months no interest ? I know I can do that with Ebay, but didn't know if it applied to any purchase over $100.

Thanks!

I don't know for sure in regards to that, but having your friend send you a "bill" in paypal and then paying it with paypal credit has worked for the no payments 0% offer in the past in my experience. Just make sure the option is visible to you before you hit send.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Pal Credit(formerly Bill pay) Update!!

Congrats on your approval!
Message 12 of 21
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Question,

With PayPal credit lets say I sent $500 to a friend to buy an item, would it still be 6 Months no interest ? I know I can do that with Ebay, but didn't know if it applied to any purchase over $100.

Thanks!

I don't know for sure in regards to that, but having your friend send you a "bill" in paypal and then paying it with paypal credit has worked for the no payments 0% offer in the past in my experience. Just make sure the option is visible to you before you hit send.

Appreciate the response! 

I'll try it out.

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 13 of 21
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting it approved

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 21
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Another Question:

I've used the promotional 6 month financing on a couple of purchases through Ebay. When I look at my statement it shows me how long the financing is & what month it'll apply the accrued intrest.

On November 6th - Three purchases will start accruing the intrest(Purchase Month: May)

On January 5th - Two purchases will become due(Purchase Month: July)

I'm going to send PayPal a check next week How can I be certain that they apply the check to the earliest purchases that were done in May?

I may be overcomplicating it, but just wanted to make sure.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payments apply to the one closest to expire, no worries. If you make under $99 purchases this month you have to pay all of those first by next statement to whittle at the deferred agreements, or you lose a month.
Message 16 of 21
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Payments apply to the one closest to expire, no worries. If you make under $99 purchases this month you have to pay all of those first by next statement to whittle at the deferred agreements, or you lose a month.

Thank you very much, sir!

Message 17 of 21
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 18 of 21
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know how to increase credit limit with PP Credit?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this information is current you can't request a cli. The only way to increase your limit is to check out with more than your limit and they will sp your credit and decide weather or not to cover it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-is-my-credit-line-and-how-can-I-increase-it-FAQ2861
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.