cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal/GE CLI

tag
born2bleed

PayPal/GE CLI

So today I go on to my PayPal account to schedule a payment for my extras mastercard and I noticed my spending power is a little higher than normal, 2k higher than normal Smiley Happy. Is this normal with no forewarning like an email about an increase? I've had the card for about 3 months to the day.
PayPal Extras MasterCard (1k), Discover IT (1k)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal/GE CLI

Way to go!

Never question a CLI... Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
born2bleed

Haha no yeah I wasn't questioning it. Just my first ever cli so it was a nice surprise Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Very common. When I got my first auto CLI, the email came a whole month later. Congrats!
Message 5 of 11
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations (to both of us)!

On the strength of your thread, I checked my account just now (having had it for about three months) and they had DOUBLED my limit at some point.  I had no idea.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 6 of 11
born2bleed

Very nice Randeman! Yeah I went from a 1k limit to 3k which was a nice surprise
Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@born2bleed wrote:
So today I go on to my PayPal account to schedule a payment for my extras mastercard and I noticed my spending power is a little higher than normal, 2k higher than normal Smiley Happy. Is this normal with no forewarning like an email about an increase? I've had the card for about 3 months to the day.

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Auto luv is the best!! 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
lissa1184
Established Member

How are you using your card? PIF or carrying a balance?

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 9 of 11
shadowspazz

They did the same exact thing to my account too. Started at 1000 now its 3000. I only used it 3 times and paid in full each time. Plus my fico was down to 698 and i have 10 inq on my credit since my app spree in jan. ill take it. also was never notifed.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.