Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal denial

hi all

I was denied for paypal credit because apparently they need a non p.o. box street address to verify the account. Is there a number i can call? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal denial

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all

I was denied for paypal credit because apparently they need a non p.o. box street address to verify the account. Is there a number i can call? 

Comenity: 800-303-1368 (Recon)

Comenity Account Protection:  1-866-668-5450 (Verification of identity)

From this Backdoor number thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how it goes as it is hard to overturn a decision with Comenity...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let us know how it goes as it is hard to overturn a decision with Comenity...

I would think since its an address issue that it wouldnt be to difficult.

Message 4 of 10
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

I'm pretty certain this card is issued by Synchrony Bank, not Comenity.  With that in mind, I'm not sure Synchrony has an active Recon number.... try this?

Synchrony: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all

I'm pretty certain this card is issued by Synchrony Bank, not Comenity.  With that in mind, I'm not sure Synchrony has an active Recon number.... try this?

If OP had mentioned the Paypal Cash back Mastercard, I would agree with you but he said Paypal Credit which is Comenity's Line of Credit.

Message 6 of 10
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all

If OP had mentioned the Paypal Cash back Mastercard, I would agree with you but he said Paypal Credit which is Comenity's Line of Credit.

Oops -- I stand corrected.  Smiley Tongue

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all

Oops -- I stand corrected.  Smiley Tongue

No worries!!! Kudos on the Credit Solutions number. You heart was in the right place!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone in here have the cool card shaped image for Paypal credit? Its the only one missing from my sig?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.