cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval

tag
woah_amie

PenFed Approval

I tried to apply for a PenFed auto loan today, but when I clicked submit, it said my process could not be requested and to call their customer service.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I call CS? 

may the force be with you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval

Pen Fed is goofishly unorganized but great once your settled in.  At least that's my first few months.  Seems for the initial account, CC, and Auto Refi we did, that I was getting constant mails and email to submit another form or sign off, or get the prior lien holder to release.  But, you know, it wasn't that bad. 

Specifically, for the car, I went through the website app when they were offering 1.74%.  I had just been approved for the Platinum Rewards Credt Card.  My car value exceeded the loan amount by 25% - I think they approved it right away but IIR, I also remeber thinking "why is there a delay you just gave me an unsecured debt of $20k, this car is over-water."

But yes, sure, give them a call.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 2 of 4
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Yeah give them a call

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 4
slickshoes182
New Contributor

Sounds like the same message I got when I tried to join or apply for a credit card (Pasted below). When I called they had no record of my apps. I guess the website is buggy sometimes. They had no problem approving me for their membership over the phone (I wimped out on the credit card.. I'll apply for it next month).

"Thank you

Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please contact us at (800) 247-5626 for assistance."

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.