cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Credit Application What does this mean?

tag
kaw943
Regular Contributor

PenFed Credit Application What does this mean?

I am confused, I have never had a bank show multi messages when it comes to credit card approvals.  I applied for the plat rewards visa sig, I am also a member.  I did not get an instant approval, i instead got it is in processing with no time frame.  I checked the account afterwards and it says the application is with a loan officer.  Now 48rs later I checked the app on my phone and it showed approved had the APR and the details but no info on credit limit.   I then logged on the desktop and you know how it shows the different status boxes it shows Application (green check)  Review (green check) ,  Almost done (its blue with an arrow pointing down) and the final step is comlete which is not highlighted yet with a green button to the right of the screen.  Now I have never seen a credit card process like this before where the app says approved and the desktop shows almost done.  Can anyone shed some light on this that has experience with PenFed and advise?  Should I call them or just wait it out even though its been 48hrs.  Thanks everyone. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Credit Application What does this mean?

Hi kaw943! I'd go ahead & call them & ask away the CSRs are very nice & helpful! 😊
Message 2 of 7
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like you were approved. If you want to know details you'll have to call in or just wait for to appear online. Everything from my initial approval and subsquent CLIs requests took a  few days to reflect online. Even after being instantly approved. It's just one of the quirks I've made do with being a Penfed customer. 

Message 4 of 7
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like you were approved. If you want to know details you'll have to call in or just wait for to appear online. Everything from my initial approval and subsquent CLIs requests took a  few days to reflect online. Even after being instantly approved. It's just one of the quirks I've made do with being a Penfed customer. 

Yes that is what the representative told me after emailing. I just thought it weird that the penfed app on my phone shows approved and at what APR but no SLI. However when you log online you get the box showing almost done with no info on approval.  Thanks for chiming in, I will post once it shows online and with what SLI. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 5 of 7
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi kaw943! I'd go ahead & call them & ask away the CSRs are very nice & helpful! 😊

Thanks, I took your advice and called and was told it was approved but they couldn't see anything outside of that but to allow the system to update. 

Message 6 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@kaw943 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I took your advice and called and was told it was approved but they couldn't see anything outside of that but to allow the system to update. 

That's odd, they were able to tell me when I called and asked.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.