Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Gold Visa Denial/Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Gold Visa Denial/Recon

I just got denied for the PenFed Gold Visa.

When I called for recon, was told that I have to submit my request in writing with my actual signature on it. Really? I've read of many recons via phone.

Whatever, I drafted, signed, scanned, and emailed.  We'll see. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Gold Visa Denial/Recon

Rooting for you Bells! 

Message 2 of 36
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

When I called for recon, was told that I have to submit my request in writing with my actual signature on it. Really? I've read of many recons via phone.

lolwut

(And good luck at getting your approval!)

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Strange! Do you have a prior relationship with PenFed? Or perhaps, did you dispute a inqury or something from them to the CRAs recently?

Message 4 of 36
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Good luck!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Strange! Do you have a prior relationship with PenFed? Or perhaps, did you dispute a inqury or something from them to the CRAs recently?

I just joined, so that is probably why they want it in writing, I guess. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the good wishes! I will update as soon as I hear something. I'm hoping I will be posting a link to an approvals thread! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 36
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Good luck, Bella! ☺️

PenFed asked me to do a written recon too. I had just joined when it happened. At that time my score was 665 (EQ FICO 09) and UTIL 6%, but mine was a no because of 6 paid charge offs that are 6 years old.

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

so your chargeoffs (6) mattered way too much you think on  denial for visa gold with Penfed?

would love to see what recon results look like? it gives me a pretty good idea where PenFed is most interested in and profile that PenFed welcomes irrespective of the scores.

Lately, its my own observation that PenFed is changing the tune signifcantly for the worse and isnt exactly approving many new apps or taking on members at a rapid pace.

Message 9 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck Bella! Like GSP told Matt Hughes once, "I'm not impressed with your peformance!" but in his quarky english accent. Thats my feelings on PF but i sincerely hope they approve you. If you are rocking debt or have other credit cards, i dont think PF wants to play with youSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.