Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Limited Credit Experience Denial

tag
astronemma
Valued Member

PenFed Limited Credit Experience Denial

So I'm supposed to be in the garden, but I finally heard back on my PenFed application from before. Denied due to limited credit experience. I think my Equifax report is split because there's a lot it's not showing and it's quite a bit higher than TU/EX, so my AAoA on EQ is only about a year, while TU/EX are significantly longer. The problem is, the BK doesn't show up on EQ like it does on TU/EX, as well as basically everything that was IIB, which is why EQ is so much higher. Should I ask them to pull one of the other reports anyway since the AAoA on those is so much longer? Or would it not be worth it because of all the negative stuff? BK was discharged in 10/2015, nothing negative since then, just lots of inquiries. EQ is 688, TU is 642, EX 653.

BK7 discharged: 10/25/15 | Current scores: 755 EQ 678 TU 673 EX
NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Limited Credit Experience Denial

@astronemma wrote:

So I'm supposed to be in the garden, but I finally heard back on my PenFed application from before. Denied due to limited credit experience. I think my Equifax report is split because there's a lot it's not showing and it's quite a bit higher than TU/EX, so my AAoA on EQ is only about a year, while TU/EX are significantly longer. The problem is, the BK doesn't show up on EQ like it does on TU/EX, as well as basically everything that was IIB, which is why EQ is so much higher. Should I ask them to pull one of the other reports anyway since the AAoA on those is so much longer? Or would it not be worth it because of all the negative stuff? BK was discharged in 10/2015, nothing negative since then, just lots of inquiries. EQ is 688, TU is 642, EX 653.

Sorry for the denial but there is hope.  PenFed will send you a survey where you ge the chance to tell your story and the reasons why you should be granted a card.  They won't pull another bureau but whatever you write in the survey will be looked at by a senior CSR and many people have had their denails overturned this way.  Good luck

Message 2 of 5
astronemma
Valued Member

How long does it usually take to get the survey?

NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 3 of 5
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Usually a day after denial

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 5
astronemma
Valued Member

So I had originally applied for the travel amex. Tossed in an app for the Promise since I assume they'd use the same pull as everyone says. It went to pending. I got the survey and filled it out honestly - their service was fine but disappointed with the result, etc. Checked back on the Promise app again later, approved for 2k. Not sure if that was because of the survey or not, but I'll take it! Very successful last couple weeks ($4200 NFCU cashrewards was first, then $5k from DCU, and now this), definitely in the garden now!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.