Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - Applied. Pending. Chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed - Applied. Pending. Chances?

Hi, i really wanted to make a relationship with penfed. I applied for their membership / platnium cc today (sunday) and app is pending. Probably due to their offices being closed because of the weekend. I read that they use EQ for scoring (correct me if im wrong) but different scoring to fico8 that other lenders usually use. Its nice because my EQ record clean. No derogs. 8 inqs and 2/2016 was my last app with EQ

TU 771 (782 before) - took a 10pt due to 2 accounts opened recently.

EX 765

EQ 782

2 recent accounts open couple weeks ago. citi thankyou, and barclaycard ring which im waiting in the mail.

What are my chances with getting my foot in the door? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed - Applied. Pending. Chances?

Your scores look great, but only Penfed knows what they look forSmiley Wink. Good luck in getting your cardSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy I bet you are in like Flynn! 

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

stop teasing me Smiley Tongue you guys are making me get my hopes too high. I just hope they dont pull TU or EX as well. too many inqs LOL

Message 4 of 27
VipreArmed
Contributor

Unless it's something you left out, I doubt you have a hard time getting into PenFed with those scores.  My EQ is 680 right now but I couldn't apply online and I had to call in and was approved for membership in like 5 minutes.   This was last week.   The representative asked me did I want to apply for their PowerCash Rewards card or anything else and I told them no because I want to stay in the garden for a while longer with hopes it helps get me a bigger SL, better APR, etc on cards.   Your hard pull is good for 90 days so I may look into in October or ask them to HP me again if my scores are better (which I expect).  

The rep told me you need at least at a 640 to get the PowerCash card and if you apply for it, mention you are interested in balance transfer for your other cards because they consider that when giving you a SL.  The more you want to transfer, the better according to him.  With your scores, I doubt you have much issue.  Good luck to you. 

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 5 of 27
me12345
Frequent Contributor

My wife's just got her PenFed Power Rewards card with a $17,500 SL in the mail yesterday.... She has a 681 score and 10 medical collections, her pervious high card was a $500.00 Cap1 card.... You should be Good!

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 6 of 27
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I think you will be fine.

I got in with a 693 and they approved me for the Promise card with a $10.5k SL after I told them I wanted a BT card.

My previous highest limit was my $7k Discover opened a few days prior.

I'll say good luck, but I doubt you will need it Smiley Happy

Love PenFed!
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I accidentally redrew my app by accident Smiley Sad but i re-apped for power cash instead. 

did i just do a double hp on myself? 

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I accidentally redrew my app by accident Smiley Sad but i re-apped for power cash instead. 

did i just do a double hp on myself? 

No, they'll use the same HP.  Curious, how did you withdraw your application?

Message 9 of 27
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

My scores are about the same as yours, I was just approved instantly for 9k for that card. you should not have any issues.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.