Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed CLI

Once you are denied for a CLI will it continue to deny you until the next review period? I'm guessing it's using the same pull so logically that's what make sense to me. After the last review period I didn't have any pre-approvals. But I requested a CLI anyway. Went from 5K to 10K on the Platinum Rewards Visa. Requested another one about a week later and went to 11.5K. Then a few weeks ago I requested another one and was denied. I figure I have received all the increases they are willing to give me during this period. Has anyone ever been denied and within the same quarterly period was approved later on? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed CLI

If you didn't have any pre-approved offers during the quarter for a credit line increase, then they likely did a hard pull on your credit.  And yes, that credit report stays on file for any apps for the next 60-90 days.  This allows you to make request without having another hard pull.  At his point, since you were denied, I would say that is the highest limit they are willing to give you with the current credit profile they have.  If something changed, you can always request they force another hard pull to see the changes and that may change their decision.

Otherwise, in my opinion, I would wait on the quarterly ARs to see if you receive any Pre-Approved offers for an increase on your card.  The pre-approved offers will show up after you login.  The next AR happens at the end of May 2017 with the Pre-Approved offers showing up in online accounts the last week of June or first week of July.  It takes about 30 days after AR before offers show up.  The PenFed Data Share posting that baller4life created has a lot of great information.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/td...

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.