Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed combo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed combo

Does penfed allow you to combine cards as of recently?

Is it a HP?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed combo

Yes you can, and there is no HP

With PenFed you can reallocate, combine, and also add new cards (by moving your existing CL) with no hp
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 7
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

I believe with Penfed that if you want a new card you have to apply for it and get approved, so they can assign a rate, then you can move the CL around to the new card.

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I have a 20k power cash that id like to roll into my old defender card of 8k for 28k. The defender is my 2nd oldest card so would like to keep it for age.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be doing this myself in February....I'm keeping my PR because it's older. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you were to close your oldest account, it reports for 10 years.  By then, your other cards will be old.

Now, if you want to just have your oldest card open for history with the actual bank? that's cool.

Message 6 of 7
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Good thread, I just joined Penfed and got the PCR. Was thinking I kind of want the Platinum next...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.