Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data For Others

Ok. Good luck NYFan! Smiley Happy
Message 81 of 5,922
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@tussking wrote:
Baller which card should I apply for if denied ?
So I am clear the one HP they did will be used for 90 for any products I apply for ?

@Determining if you should reapply will depend on the reasons for denial (hoping you receive an approval, fingers crossed for you).  But in my experience, and from what I've read on the forums here...the Promise Visa seems one of the more entry level cards that seems to be the easiest to get.  I started with a Promise @ $8.5k and towards the end of my 90 days I pulled the trigger on the Travel Rewards Amex and was approved with the same limit as my Promise.  Best of luck to you and be sure to come back and post the results.  

Message 82 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate)  Platinum Rewards Visa Sig
EQ 08 Fico: 685
Penfed Nextgen: 726 (up from 646 when I was denied 2 mos ago)

Instant or Review?: Review + Recon

POI?: ?

AAOA: 7.5 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) Chapter 13 BK discharged 2/2/16. 

Util: 1%

Total EQ Inquiries:  11

Last 12 months: 11

Last 6 months: 11
New Accounts in last 6 months: 8 (I've only started rebuilding in the last 3 mos.)

Message 83 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate)  Platinum Rewards Visa Sig
EQ 08 Fico: 685
Penfed Nextgen: 726 (up from 646 when I was denied 2 mos ago)

Instant or Review?: Review + Recon

POI?: ?

AAOA: 7.5 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) Chapter 13 BK discharged 2/2/16. 

Util: 1%

Total EQ Inquiries:  11

Last 12 months: 11

Last 6 months: 11
New Accounts in last 6 months: 8 (I've only started rebuilding in the last 3 mos.)

POI is Proof of Income. Did they request paystubs,etc?

Message 84 of 5,922
tussking
Established Contributor

I was denied due to BK7. Should I call and see if they approve me for a different card ?
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 85 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@tussking wrote:
I was denied due to BK7. Should I call and see if they approve me for a different card ?

Your bk is less than a yr old. You can try sending a recon and explaining your situation and see if they would be willing to overturn denial. If they stand by their decision,you can try apping their entry level Promise. Won't hurt anything since it's the same hp. I will pm you email address.

Message 86 of 5,922
tussking
Established Contributor

So recon via email or give the promise a shot now ?
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 87 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Recon your denial first. If they won't change their mind, THEN you can app Promise and see what happens. Like Loquat said, it's there entry level card. Easier to get. They can start it as low as $500 if need be.
Message 88 of 5,922
tussking
Established Contributor

Thanks Baller...Since have no experience recon'ing a denial would you mind assisting me ? Should I call or email and could you private message me or post exactly what should be said ?
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 89 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@tussking wrote:
Thanks Baller...Since have no experience recon'ing a denial would you mind assisting me ? Should I call or email and could you private message me or post exactly what should be said ?

I will send you a pm in an hour or so. Helping a friend move.

Message 90 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.