Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data

All 3 ?
I see they give a option online to transfer from cc to savings account
Is it a cash advance apr ? Won't be using it but just curies
Message 471 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes reports to all 3 after firsr statement. And yes you can transfer a cash advance from card to savings. Apr is same as purchases.
Message 472 of 5,922
kugel
Valued Contributor

Keeping funds in savings accounts helps for for getting better credit with them later ?

Message 473 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

The amount of money in your bank account has no affect on their credit decisions. Just take care of your credit. That's all they care about.
Message 474 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted my Penfed issue in credit applications... But here are my stats:

Product apped- Platinum Rewards 5/16- Conditionally approved/ then denied/ then in review

EQ 08 Fico- 735

Penfed Nextgen- 714

Instant or review- review

POI- yes- 2 years tax returns or w-2

AAOA- 2 years

Derogs- No

Total EQ inq-22

Last 12 mo-12

Last 6 mos- 6

New accounts- many

I used household income ( $14000 grosss monthly) to apply. Conditionally approved. Called to ask a few questions about uploading tax returns. Mentioned that it is a household income. CSR spoke with LO and said sorry declined unless my spouse is on app. I sent a recon email siting the 2013 Card Act regulations for stay at home moms and dads being able to use household income the have reasonable access to. So now I'm in review. We'll see...

Update- got the Congratulations your approved email again.... on condition that I submit tax returns. I uploaded them this afternoon. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll call. Although I'm reluctant to call after what happened last time.

Update- Approved without spouse on account- $11,500 Smiley Happy worth the trouble, especially if it grows.

Message 475 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yayyyyyy mooshi!!! SO glad it all worked out! Smiley Happy
Message 476 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic job mooshi!! Well done! Smiley Happy
Message 477 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would definitely affect and help one's credit chances with a bank/credit if for example you told the lender that you would deposit $100K+  into a money market, savings account, CD or some other financial product with them if they gave you XYZ in lending. But the type of small lending like credit cards and PLOC's in the $1K-$20K is like Ballerina stated 99% based on your credit, income and your past/current relationship with that lender.

Message 478 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note to self boys and girls DON'T put household income on your applications. Smiley Very Happy
Message 479 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I'm glad it worked out, too. I would be careful using household income. I'm not saying don't do it... but be ready to back it up with tax returns, etc. 

Message 480 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.