Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@android01 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Call tomorrow and demand a supervisor. They are also loan officers. Let them know given your profile you except a larger limit. What is the highest limit you have reporting?

Highest is 50K (2).  The 20K they approved me for is my 2nd to the lowest which is 15K.  I'm not complaining...20K is 20K!  Smiley Happy

OK definitely ask for $50k. Tell them you want to make it your main card. However, you need for it to match your two highest cards since you do not like to utilize too much of your limit.

Sounds good.  I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

50KSmiley Very Happy

Congrats and welcome to the AMAZING PF Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2141 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Call tomorrow and demand a supervisor. They are also loan officers. Let them know given your profile you except a larger limit. What is the highest limit you have reporting?

Highest is 50K (2).  The 20K they approved me for is my 2nd to the lowest which is 15K.  I'm not complaining...20K is 20K!  Smiley Happy

OK definitely ask for $50k. Tell them you want to make it your main card. However, you need for it to match your two highest cards since you do not like to utilize too much of your limit.

50KSmiley Very Happy

Did you get approved for 50K? 

Or are you still in the process of calling? 

If you called and got the 50K ... give us the scoop! 

If not .. you can call up to 11pm eastern time! 

Message 2142 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

50KSmiley Very Happy

Congratulations! 

Tell us everything .. 

How the call went? 

What did you say? 

What did they ask? 

How it came that you got 50K ? 

Did you feel warm and fuzzy when it was all over? 

Did you have to have a cigarette ?  

Bwahhhhhh 

Spill the Beans.

Woo Hoo! 

Message 2143 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lmao android I knew you would get bumped to $50k. Congratulations Smiley LOL

Message 2144 of 5,922
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

50KSmiley Very Happy

Congratulations! 

Tell us everything .. 

How the call went? 

What did you say? 

What did they ask? 

Bwahhhhhh 

Spill the Beans.

Woo Hoo! 

I hadn't called them yet.  They called me to see if I wanted to open a checking account.  I had originally just opened the savings.  I opened the checking account over the phone - the CSR did it for me.  I then mentioned how pleased I am with the service I've received so far (which I truly am), but mentioned the only thing I was slightly dissapointed with is my starting CL (20K) on the CC I was approved for.  It was one of my lowest limits, and I'd like to match several of my other cards with a 40-50K limit.  She said she'd forward my request to a loan officer, and I should get another call soon.  About two hours later, I got another call from the same CSR I had been talking to, and was told that I was approved for 50K!

I did feel warm and fuzzy.

I did have a cigarette.

I'm seriously impressed by the customer service that Pen Fed provides, regardless of the CLI.  I can't remember the last time I had a call from a traditional bank asking me what they could do for me.  It's impressive!  I've decided that I'm going to start actively banking with them other than just having a CC through them - they impressed me that much.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2145 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Very nice android. They are truly phenomenal indeed!!
Message 2146 of 5,922
android01
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Lmao android I knew you would get bumped to $50k. Congratulations Smiley LOL

Thank you for leading me in their direction!  The last thing I was thinking about was having a new banking relationship....Smiley Surprised

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2147 of 5,922
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to share a data point.

I was itching for a few more apps since I was still within my 90 day pull window, and appied for an increase on the Thrifty OD Protection . I didnt see an option online for this increase so I decided to call in and talk to a representitive about it. He said he would have to do a maunal app for it. The first thing I asked him if this would be a soft pull

of my same CR upon membership or a fresh pull? And he assured me it would only be a pull of my old report. Fast forward 30 mins later got an alert on my Fico Equifax

about an inquiry and indeed they did another pull of my report! Now that sucks. New inquiry and turned down down for the increase as well. So be careful when calling IN for apps, online apps seem to use the same pull.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 2148 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 

Tell us everything .. 

How the call went? 

What did you say? 

What did they ask? 

Bwahhhhhh 

Spill the Beans.

Woo Hoo! 

I hadn't called them yet.  They called me to see if I wanted to open a checking account.  I had originally just opened the savings.  I opened the checking account over the phone - the CSR did it for me.  I then mentioned how pleased I am with the service I've received so far (which I truly am), but mentioned the only thing I was slightly dissapointed with is my starting CL (20K) on the CC I was approved for.  It was one of my lowest limits, and I'd like to match several of my other cards with a 40-50K limit.  She said she'd forward my request to a loan officer, and I should get another call soon.  About two hours later, I got another call from the same CSR I had been talking to, and was told that I was approved for 50K!

I did feel warm and fuzzy.

I did have a cigarette.

I'm seriously impressed by the customer service that Pen Fed provides, regardless of the CLI.  I can't remember the last time I had a call from a traditional bank asking me what they could do for me.  It's impressive!  I've decided that I'm going to start actively banking with them other than just having a CC through them - they impressed me that much.

I love datapoints ... but I love the stories that go along with these approvals!

It real reveals that you are not just a number with PenFed but that truly appreciate their customers. 

Its that human touch that is missing in customer service.  Its one thing that they give nice SL's. 

But even to those that did not get their dream SL's ..  you hear the same thing about PenFed! 

That they were impressed with the customer service. 

(Mind you there can be that one that is not a good egg... bwahhh) 

Thank you .. 

Loved your story! 

So Happy you got your 50k and that PenFed won more business from you! 

Congratulations again! 

Love Happy Endings Beginnings! 

Message 2149 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Just wanted to share a data point.

I was itching for a few more apps since I was still within my 90 day pull window, and appied for an increase on the Thrifty OD Protection . I didnt see an option online for this increase so I decided to call in and talk to a representitive about it. He said he would have to do a maunal app for it. The first thing I asked him if this would be a soft pull

of my same CR upon membership or a fresh pull? And he assured me it would only be a pull of my old report. Fast forward 30 mins later got an alert on my Fico Equifax

about an inquiry and indeed they did another pull of my report! Now that sucks. New inquiry and turned down down for the increase as well. So be careful when calling IN for apps, online apps seem to use the same pull.

Really sorry to hear that happen to you. Thanks for sharing with us and giving us heads up.

Message 2150 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.