Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@Anonymous wrote:
No head scratching required. That must be where the card processing center is.

I suppose so. I was sure it was in the Omaha area, though, given that Penfed does so much other business in the region...

Message 4521 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Omaha address is for payments, at least to the personal loan I was paying on.
Message 4522 of 5,922
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mass, I did the survey again in June and it was three days between the time I submitted it and the day I got a call. It was well worth the wait!

Have a good weekend!!

Smiley Very Happy

Did you do the survey twice for the same app to try to get someone to contact you?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4523 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brittbratt, I would call PenFed to see what's up and I wish you the best of luck in getting it resolved. Hopefully you just hid in on your dash by mistake (don't ask me how I know this can happen lol). Let us know the outcome!

@joe8185, all my cards have come from Oregon but most importantly, a HUGE congrats on that new PCR!! I'm paying off a small balance on my Promise today and then PC'ing my Platinum and Promise into that card.

@mass, I think you can do only one survey per credit attempt if I'm not mistaken. BUT...I do know that everytime I do a survey at the beginning of the month, it takes longer for a response (they must be super busy or they are drawing straws to see who loses and has to talk to 'ol Wade lol). Seriously, I'd give it a few days and if you don't hear anything by mid-week, give 'em a call and ask to speak to a loan officer. They are extremely nice! Fingers crossed for you!!

Happy Monday everyone (is that even a thing??)!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4524 of 5,922
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

How long does it take for a new card to show under your accounts?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4525 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
How long does it take for a new card to show under your accounts?

I saw an entry for my new Power Cash Rewards on my member main page almost immediately after I'd verified that the approval process had been completed and was in "transferred" status, I believe that was sometime 7/2; I accepted the preapproved offer late afternoon of 7/1. The account number was added a day or so later.

I reeceived the card today, activated it online, and added it to my iPhone wallet, Amazon, etc. without any problems (when I got my Apple FCU Visa last month I had to call them to complete activation before i could add it to Apple Pay).  The card is in the same new style (data printed directly onto the card, no embossed letters/numbers) as my Quicksilver and Discover It.

Message 4526 of 5,922
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Mine is still showing as "approved" when I go to the status page.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4527 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have roughly 9 months of credit history and an AAoA of 6 months.  I've been eyeballing PenFed and NFCU lately but admittely PenFed sounds enticing for their 2% card.

Is my history too limited for PenFed?  I have prequal offers for the lowest APRs with Amex and Disco, all 4 cards pre-qual with Chase.  My history is short but lenders seem to want me.  

Message 4528 of 5,922
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@mass, I think you can do only one survey per credit attempt if I'm not mistaken. BUT...I do know that everytime I do a survey at the beginning of the month, it takes longer for a response (they must be super busy or they are drawing straws to see who loses and has to talk to 'ol Wade lol). Seriously, I'd give it a few days and if you don't hear anything by mid-week, give 'em a call and ask to speak to a loan officer. They are extremely nice! Fingers crossed for you!!

Happy Monday everyone (is that even a thing??)!!

Smiley Very Happy

So just ask if someone can manually review the application because I don't feel the reasons the computer provided are valid?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4529 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have roughly 9 months of credit history and an AAoA of 6 months.  I've been eyeballing PenFed and NFCU lately but admittely PenFed sounds enticing for their 2% card.

Is my history too limited for PenFed?  I have prequal offers for the lowest APRs with Amex and Disco, all 4 cards pre-qual with Chase.  My history is short but lenders seem to want me.  

From what you say, your profile looks good. Penfed pulls EQ NextGen 2, which is a different variety of EQ FICO from the usual FICO 8, but your EQ FICO 8 is very good indeed so your NextGen 2 should be similar. Remember that to get the 2% rewards, you need to either be an active or retired military member, or have an "Access America" checking account (which requires at least $500 balance); otherwise it'll be 1.5%.

I'd give it a shot. If you get turned down for PCR, call to recon; Penfed is famous here for being exceptionally good on reconsiderations.

Message 4530 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.