Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Oldman87, i would definetly recon that limit. Dang a 812 nextgen and scores only a 9k, they must not like something in your profile even though their acore says otherwise.
Message 4561 of 5,922
minski
Established Contributor

I had asked to transfer credit limit from my credit card to the PLOC, and was informed they don't do that. Bummer. I was advised to request for a CLI on the PLOC and to have them make a note that I'm willing to decrease my CL on my CC. Even more of a bummer. Guess they don't want to extend me any more credit at this time based on that response. I only have $15K between the two lines. Most recent Nextgen score is 788. 

Message 4562 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oldman87, i would definetly recon that limit. Dang a 812 nextgen and scores only a 9k, they must not like something in your profile even though their acore says otherwise.

AverageJoe, I'm definitely calling them first thing in the morning after reading through some of the SL's in this thread.  I think they're relectant due to my short and lack of revolving credit history even though my report is clean (maybe too clean), I have been a cash/debit card user most of my adult life and have never even checked my CR up until April this year, the only accounts on my reports were a 14 yr old mortgage, a 3 yr old 2.2k Costco Citi card and the closed Amex Costco that was sold to Citi.  I have since added 8 cards and 85k of revolving credit including this one, I'm probably lucky I wasn't labeled an Egyptian.   I did also opened their checking, funded 5 CDs (laddered) and an IRA CD acount today, hopefully that will help my case tomorrow.

Message 4563 of 5,922
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I didn't follow the PenFed threads much before I applied.  I heard they are a good bank years ago. That's why I got my foot in the door when I opened an account 9 years ago. Based on this 457+ page thread and some others I've read, I'm going to say they are considered a good bank to have a relationship with and being approved for one of their cards is a big deal. Maybe better than many other lenders. Am I correct with this?

Also, how long does it take to receive the card after being approved?  I'm holding off on paying this month's expenses so I can put those towards useage for the $100.00 statement credit. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4564 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I didn't follow the PenFed threads much before I applied.  I heard they are a good bank years ago. That's why I got my foot in the door when I opened an account 9 years ago. Based on this 457+ page thread and some others I've read, I'm going to say they are considered a good bank to have a relationship with and being approved for one of their cards is a big deal. Maybe better than many other lenders. Am I correct with this?

Also, how long does it take to receive the card after being approved?  I'm holding off on paying this month's expenses so I can put those towards useage for the $100.00 statement credit. 

Allowing for the fact that I was approved for my Power Cash Rewards just before the July 4th holiday (I took the preapproved offer on July 1 and it was processed through to the "Transferred" stage on July 2), I'd say up to a week depending on where in the country you're located. Penfed produces its cards in Oregon and mails them from there, and says to allow up to 7 to 10 business days to receive your new card.

And definitely yes, Penfed is one of the better credit unions and their credit cards are well-regarded for good reason. Having a long relationship with them is definitely rewarding - I've had my account with them for close to 40 (!!!) years, since I was a high-school student and my parents opened it in my name.

Message 4565 of 5,922
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:

Your NextGen will be the score in the online message they send you with the info from the credit company they used to make their decision.

I have not received any messages from them after logging in and checking message section. However, I was told I was approved for 25k?

So where can I check my Next Gen score? That's why I assumed I wont get the score until I receive the card in the mail and maybe they will include a score with it.

If you call in they can tell you your NextGen score.

Uh, I am not sure if I want to be on hold for 20+ min just to know my NextGen score. I called twice last week and each time is about 25-30min. 

They explained that they absorbed several CUs so it's only temporary.

Is there a lazy way to know it? I am assuming that I will get my score once I receive my card in the mail. 

Message 4566 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:

Your NextGen will be the score in the online message they send you with the info from the credit company they used to make their decision.

I have not received any messages from them after logging in and checking message section. However, I was told I was approved for 25k?

So where can I check my Next Gen score? That's why I assumed I wont get the score until I receive the card in the mail and maybe they will include a score with it.

If you call in they can tell you your NextGen score.

Uh, I am not sure if I want to be on hold for 20+ min just to know my NextGen score. I called twice last week and each time is about 25-30min. 

They explained that they absorbed several CUs so it's only temporary.

Is there a lazy way to know it? I am assuming that I will get my score once I receive my card in the mail. 

Yes.  The lazy way to know your score is to wait for the quarterly AR, when scores will post to online banking.  Next AR is on 8/1, so those scores should post on 9/1.

Enjoy

Message 4567 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

AverageJoe, I'm definitely calling them first thing in the morning after reading through some of the SL's in this thread.  I think they're relectant due to my short and lack of revolving credit history even though my report is clean (maybe too clean), I have been a cash/debit card user most of my adult life and have never even checked my CR up until April this year, the only accounts on my reports were a 14 yr old mortgage, a 3 yr old 2.2k Costco Citi card and the closed Amex Costco that was sold to Citi.  I have since added 8 cards and 85k of revolving credit including this one, I'm probably lucky I wasn't labeled an Egyptian.   I did also opened their checking, funded 5 CDs (laddered) and an IRA CD acount today, hopefully that will help my case tomorrow.

Update: Called 8am this morning and got my first unfriendly CSR (you can tell right away someone had a late night) since I joined, explained to him the purpose of my call and he put me on hold for 10 mins then said they can up my limit to 20,500 (happens to be 500 above my highest limit BCE) but will require income verification, I thought about it and decided a CLI wasn't worth the trouble of handing over highly sensitive top secret information so I said forget about the request and just leave it at 9k, he said it's too late, once the "process" starts it can't be stop so even 9k would require IV, after a few minutes of back and forth I told him I'll think about it.

I waited until 4 pm to call back hoping to catch the next shift, sure enough the usual friendly PenFed CSR picks up, few sentences in she said "I know exactly what happened, the previous rep upped the limit to 20k on the original app and just left it there, all I have to do is lower it to 9k and push it out the door." and she did exactly that in 2 mins.

Moral of the story, don't be greedy or don't call so early in the morning.
Message 4568 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldman87

Thanks for that morality tale; it was just what I needed to hear just now.

Message 4569 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks for that morality tale; it was just what I needed to hear just now.

No problem zipperhead, I almost screwed myself there big time.

Message 4570 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.