Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Hi Baller, just joined Penfed Yesterday and have some questions. Do they pull your credit profile after you open your checking account? If  so, how soon do you apply for any their credit products? Is the same pull still valid for 90 days. I want to apply for the one of their credit cards. Should i wait for a week after opening my checking account? My scores are all over 700 with five new accounts in six months and most recent one little over three months with no baddies.

Message 3381 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@floato they pulled your EQ when you joined. And that pull is good for 90 days. So app away! 😊
Message 3382 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Baller thanks for the tip. I just pulled the trigger and got $11,000 for Penfed Platinum Cash Reward credit card pending income verification which i am going to send on Monday. What next?

Message 3383 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Very nice! Congrats floato! You should also go for the PLOC if you would be useful to you. 😉
Message 3384 of 5,922
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Baller4life update on my defender denial, DW got the letter stating her fico score was 688 knowing pre refi MyFico in August it was 744. Hey it's their system and they can you use😟.

To utilize my EQ hp should I app for the Ploc, cli my promise 22.5k to 25k or try defender again in a few weeks.

Oooh wise one, what does master yoda would say😊
Message 3385 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

echoecho with a 688 Nextgen it may be difficult to get the PLOC. But, you can try. Nothing to lose if you are still within your 90 days. I would wait till at least a couple of statements before you request a cli. However,since lately they have been telling members they want 6 months of history before giving clis, you may have a better shot at apping a new card
Message 3386 of 5,922
echoecho
Regular Contributor

That is why I find it odd baller4life, my next generation score on my Penfed page is 765. The secured message denial letter say my eq score was 718 and snail letter on DW was 688. My Penfed mortgage approval/closing score aug 2016 was TU 750. MyFico eq score as of today is 739 per 3b monitoring. Hmmmm...
Message 3387 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok so DW is 688 and yours is different. Did you do a joint app or something on the Defender? The 765 score that shows on your homepage is outdated. That is from last quarter. Looks like your current score is the 718. Although that is weird they would give you a new score if you are still under your 90 days. Unless that is from the new sp they did on 8/31 and will update on your homepage next quarter(10/1).

Again, I'm a lil confused. You are including your DW score. Are you guys joint apping?
Message 3388 of 5,922
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Yes on both case. That is why she got the snail mail denial letter yesterday. Another data point, the previous day we app for Nfcu platinum 25k sl eq 745 and USAA platinum 16k sl with eq 742 on their disclosure letter. The next day was the defender denial with next generation 718 on mine and 688 for DW.

I just wanted to put it out there as a data point for us to mull over. In any case I'll take your suggestion of promise cli next week after it cuts. Sept 25 statement cut should be 3x since last cli I had in July 20th of 22.5k.
Message 3389 of 5,922
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Oops I mean 2.5k from 20k
Message 3390 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.