Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

I think that depends on what else you have with them. Max they allow in unsecured debt is 50k. If you have another card or a loan with them you'd have to change some limits
Message 4281 of 5,922
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Starting to see a lot of activity around the NFCU AR, but the information that I've found on the site about the PenFed AR seems a bit inconsistent.  Wanted to see if we could get some insight from those that know more about the PenFed AR process than I do.

1. From what I understand, the process is quarterly.  Is there predictibility on when during the quarter it takes place?  i.e. does it take place at the end of the last month of the quarter, or at a different interval.  I've seen info to suggest it takes place the last day of the month in February, May, August, & November.  Are these months within the quarter correct?  Is the last day of the month correct?
  2. I know that AR is used to populate the scores that can be viewed on the PenFed website.  Does anyone know if there is any truth to there being a delay between when the SP actually happens and the length of time that it take PenFed to make the scores available on the website?  Some data points I've found seem to suggest 30+ delay, but others seemed to indicate it was within 2-3 days.
  3. We know that PenFed uses the Quarterly AR as part of their Pre-Approval process.  Is there a timeframe after the AR happens that folks can expect to receive the pre-approvals show up on their PenFed site if they are one of the lucky ones to have been selected to get a Pre-Approval?  Again, for this one, I've read data points of 3 days, but also have read data points of 30 days.
  4. With a NFCU AR, many are lucky enough to be able to put in a request for a CLI within a few days of the AR, and there is not a HP for the increase request.  Does PenFed offer something similar?  Or is a manually request after an AR still most surely a HP?  -- this scenario assumes there is no Pre-Approval, and there was not a HP within the past 90 days.
  5. Lastly, what products do you need to have in order to get the AR?  Is it only checking account, or do you have to have a credit product with PenFed?  Again, I've seen conflicting data points on this, so wasn't sure if there was some more concrete information on this.

Thanks for taking the time to review.  I wanted to try and consolidate the different data points that I was hearing about the AR process to hopefully come to the right conclusions to use for future reference.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4282 of 5,922
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I think that depends on what else you have with them. Max they allow in unsecured debt is 50k. If you have another card or a loan with them you'd have to change some limits

This is a bit incorrect.. Max CC you can have with them spred across either one account of multiple accounts is 50k..  You can also have a PLOC of 25k along with a personal loan I believe at 25k.. So total of 100k of unsecured debt if I am not mistaken..  CC isn't factored into things like PLOC for sure though.

Message 4283 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4284 of 5,922
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

Starting to see a lot of activity around the NFCU AR, but the information that I've found on the site about the PenFed AR seems a bit inconsistent.  Wanted to see if we could get some insight from those that know more about the PenFed AR process than I do.

1. From what I understand, the process is quarterly.  Is there predictibility on when during the quarter it takes place?  i.e. does it take place at the end of the last month of the quarter, or at a different interval.  I've seen info to suggest it takes place the last day of the month in February, May, August, & November.  Are these months within the quarter correct?  Is the last day of the month correct?
    For AR, PenFed pulls credit at the end of the following months:  February, May, August, & November.

2. I know that AR is used to populate the scores that can be viewed on the PenFed website.  Does anyone know if there is any truth to there being a delay between when the SP actually happens and the length of time that it take PenFed to make the scores available on the website?  Some data points I've found seem to suggest 30+ delay, but others seemed to indicate it was within 2-3 days.
    After AR, the credit score pulled by PenFed is available at the beginning of the next calendar quarter.  So about 30 days after the score is pulled through AR.  As an example, when the SP is done at the end of February, the credit score shows up the first of April, which is the beginning of the quarter after the SP was done.

3. We know that PenFed uses the Quarterly AR as part of their Pre-Approval process.  Is there a timeframe after the AR happens that folks can expect to receive the pre-approvals show up on their PenFed site if they are one of the lucky ones to have been selected to get a Pre-Approval?  Again, for this one, I've read data points of 3 days, but also have read data points of 30 days.
    After an AR, the credit score obtained by PenFed is used to give Pre-Approvals starting the next calendar quarter.  As an example, when AR happens in 
    May, it's for Pre-Approvals that will be available during the next calendar quarter which is July.

4. With a NFCU AR, many are lucky enough to be able to put in a request for a CLI within a few days of the AR, and there is not a HP for the increase request.  Does PenFed offer something similar?  Or is a manually request after an AR still most surely a HP?  -- this scenario assumes there is no Pre-Approval, and there was not a HP within the past 90 days.
    After an AR, if there are no Pre-Approvals listed during the next calendar quarter (see chart below), then it will be a HP in order to request a CLI.

5. Lastly, what products do you need to have in order to get the AR?  Is it only checking account, or do you have to have a credit product with PenFed?  Again, I've seen conflicting data points on this, so wasn't sure if there was some more concrete information on this.
    A credit product with PenFed is needed to get the AR.

Thanks for taking the time to review.  I wanted to try and consolidate the different data points that I was hearing about the AR process to hopefully come to the right conclusions to use for future reference.

Reading through data points on the internet, and the creditboards website, I was able to derive the answer to some of the questions below.  I've put them in BLUE.  Hoping that others on the board can confirm the answers that I've put in above and maybe answer the questions that I have not been able to find the answers too yet.

Below is a table that should help to demonstrate the answers to Questions 1 - 3 above.

AR SP Pull DateDate Credit Score AvailableDate Pre-Approvals Available
February 28thApril 1stApril 1st
May 31stJuly 1stJuly 1st
August 31stOctober 1stOctober 1st
November 30thJanuary 1stJanuary 1st

Edit:  I updated with the answers to questions #4 & #5 based on response from baller.  Thanks!

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4285 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Tazman81you are correct in all your research.

4. If you do not have a pre-approval for a cli, then it is a hp.

5. You need a credit product in order to get the AR.

Message 4286 of 5,922
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Thank you baller.  I updated my original post with the answers to questions #4 and #5.  I appreciate the confirmation and the insight.

Message 4287 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "AR" stand for?

Message 4288 of 5,922
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "AR" stand for?

Account Review.

Message 4289 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can this post be deleted? So sorry I accidentally hit post..Smiley Embarassed

Message 4290 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.