Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

My post pertains to my DH - forgot to include that bit of info.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

weedeb wrote:

My post pertains to my DH - forgot to include that bit of info.

Thank you! All data is welcomed! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Baller,

Another data point that may help is if you have multiple products from Penfed, how long in between applications.  For me, that would be important to know how long it took to get approved for other Penfed products (i.e. immediately, 2 months, 6 months, etc...)

EX FICO 739 EQ FICO 710 TU FICO 741 ***Total Credit Limits: $944,550 The past is the past. In my wallet: I've lost count Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

weedeb wrote:

Promise approved 1/25/16 (Instant) 2.5K and Defender approved 1/27/16 (Review) 5K

Fico 8 EQ score - 693

Penfed ng score - 680

AAOA - 2.8 years

Chapter 7 d/c 7/14

Inquiries - EQ 11

New Accounts - 7 credit cards (last 12 mos.)

CLI attempted - 30 days after initial approvals (Denied - Egyptian)

CLI attempted - 5/3/16 (Denied) Too many new accounts (including Penfed's - but not an Egyptian anymore Smiley Wink)

This is very helpful.  Thanks for sharing

EX FICO 739 EQ FICO 710 TU FICO 741 ***Total Credit Limits: $944,550 The past is the past. In my wallet: I've lost count Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

You're welcome, 12njoy!

Community Leader
Super Contributor

12njoy wrote:

Baller,

Another data point that may help is if you have multiple products from Penfed, how long in between applications.  For me, that would be important to know how long it took to get approved for other Penfed products (i.e. immediately, 2 months, 6 months, etc...)

Ok will add to OP. Thanks 12! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data For Others

[ Edited ]

What can I say about PenFed other than they are at the top of my list of favorite lenders. Joined with dirty EQ last summer and promptly shot down. Tried again in October and promptly labled an Egyptian. Gave it a third try begining of April and fared well. Instant approval on the Cash Rewards to 16.5k but turned down on a second card or PLOC. Since I'd already taken a pull I also opened checking and apped for an auto loan. Still looking for the right truck to pull the trigger on the auto loan. The PLOC and Thrifty Credit were a result of recon with a manager after completing a survey that was in my email (thanks MusicLover for the data point on this!). He reviewed and overturned the denials on those and made mention of my accounts, history and limits with NFCU. 

Product approved and Limit: 1)  Platinum Cash Rewards VISA - $16.5k @ 17.99% 4/3  2) PLOC - $5,000 @ 10.5% 4/20 3) Used Auto Loan - $25,000 @ 4.3% 72 months 4/15 4)  Thrifty Credit OD $500.00 4/20
EQ Fico 8 Score: 684
Penfed Nextgen Score: 667
AAOA: 2 years 3 months
Derogs?: Unpaid auto CO on EQ 6.5 years old
Total EQ Inquiries: 32
Last 12 months:   32 

Last 6 months: 13
New Accounts in last 12 months: 31 (44 if including my closed Comenity accounts)

Starting scores early 2015: Upper 500's with no revolving credit. Current scores 9/20: EX 756 EQ 737 TU 761 Total CL's: $387,950
Super Contributor

baller4life wrote:

12njoy wrote:

Baller,

Ok will add to OP. Thanks 12! Smiley Happy

Thanks Baller and weedeb.  I'm going to try for a cli in 60 days.  My plan is to use the card and immediately make payments after charges post since I am only working with 2 months.  If I'm denied then I'll try again right before that 90 day period is up.

Super Contributor

TA8088 wrote:

What can I say about PenFed other than they are at the top of my list of favorite lenders. Joined with dirty EQ last summer and promptly shut down. Tried again in October and promptly labled an Egyptian. Gave it a third try begining of April and fared well. Instant approval on the Cash Rewards to 16.5k but turned down on a second card or PLOC. Since I'd already taken a pull I also opened checking and apped for an auto loan. Still looking for the right truck to pull the trigger on the auto loan. The PLOC and Thrify Credit were a result of recon with a manager after completing a survey that was in my email (thanks MusicLover for the data point on this!). He reviewed and overturned the denials on those and made mention of my accounts, history and limits with NFCU. 

Product approved and Limit: 1)  Platinum Cash Rewards VISA - $16.5k @ 17.99% 4/3  2) PLOC - $5,000 @ 10.5% 4/20 3) Used Auto Loan - $25,000 @ 4.3% 72 months 4/15 4)  Thrifty Credit OD $500.00 4/20
EQ Fico 8 Score: 684
Penfed Nextgen Score: 667
AAOA: 2 years 3 months
Derogs?: Unpaid auto CO on EQ 6.5 years old
Total EQ Inquiries: 32
Last 12 months:   32 

New Accounts in last 12 months: 31 (44 if including my closed Comenity accounts)

Interesting recon idea.  I should try that on PLOC but they said they want to see payment history on Penfed Promise first so it's doubtful they would overturn.Smiley Sad

Established Member

Product(s) approved and Limit: Platinum Rewards $5,000
EQ 08 Fico: 676
Penfed Nextgen: 667

Instant or Review?: Instant

POI?: None

AAOA: 2.2 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) 2 paid CO's from Verizon 2 years ago

Util: 29%

Total EQ Inquiries: 23

Last 12 months: 10

Last 6 months: 1
New Accounts in last 12 months: 7
                                 Last 6 months: 0

Scores 7/21/15-TU 629; EX 622; EQ 622
6/30/16-TU 682; EX 643; EQ 650
Total Tradelines: $83,000

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.