Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Denied for card, after speaking with them was told to much credit avl ,dude told me i have 1.4 mill in credit cards and they like to see around 35k in limits on cards, he suggested to reduce my avl credit in order to get their card(yeah right)

He was excited looking at my report for almost 20 min lol.

HP EQ Fico8 850.

Message 5001 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede:  i have 1.4 mill in credit cards 

OMG.  Smiley Happy

Message 5002 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Denied for card, after speaking with them was told to much credit avl ,dude told me i have 1.4 mill in credit ards and they like to see around 35k in limits on cards, he suggested to reduce my avl credit in order to get their card(yeah right)

He was excited looking at my report for almost 20 min lol.

HP EQ Fico8 850.

WOW!!!!!     Impressive and. WOW!!!!   LOL.    

Message 5003 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one gives a **bleep** if you have a available credit what you have. That’s not the purpose of these threads and data points.....
Message 5004 of 5,922
peghede
Valued Contributor

Easy m8, i just don't like to get declined for "having to much credit", that's all.oh and yes 1.4 mill is not that much any way i didn't brag about it.

penfed did.

Message 5005 of 5,922
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No one gives a **bleep** if you have a available credit what you have. That’s not the purpose of these threads and data points.....

Peghede wasn't bragging--he was merely stating what the rep quoted him as a denial reason. And his post actually does serve as a data point: that Penfed can and/or will deny you for too much available credit...I believe they refer to it as "pyramiding". A few other people here on the form have been rejected for a card from them for the same reason.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5006 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns:

I'm a grasshopper here, so bear that in mind, but I think holding off and apping for everything all at once is probably your best bet. Penfed will use a single HP to approve products for up to 90 days. If you app for a savings account now and then wait several months, it'll be another HP for a CC down the road. I just app'd and was approved for a savings account and the PCR card all under one pull. Just my 2 cents...
Message 5007 of 5,922
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I'm going to join PenFed in June 2018, once my six months of gardening is up. I want to app for the Platinum Awards card.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5008 of 5,922
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Please remember the rules of the forum...FRS.  It's okay to have a difference of opinion but it's not okay to be rude to one another.  Thanks for your understanding...

Message 5009 of 5,922
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I appreciate the response...I just needed someone to talk me off the bridge. I need to be patient and stay in the garden until summer and my scores recover a bit.Smiley Happy

Message 5010 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.