Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

My post pertains to my DH - forgot to include that bit of info.

Message 41 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My post pertains to my DH - forgot to include that bit of info.

Thank you! All data is welcomed! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

Baller,

Another data point that may help is if you have multiple products from Penfed, how long in between applications.  For me, that would be important to know how long it took to get approved for other Penfed products (i.e. immediately, 2 months, 6 months, etc...)

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 43 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Promise approved 1/25/16 (Instant) 2.5K and Defender approved 1/27/16 (Review) 5K

Fico 8 EQ score - 693

Penfed ng score - 680

AAOA - 2.8 years

Chapter 7 d/c 7/14

Inquiries - EQ 11

New Accounts - 7 credit cards (last 12 mos.)

CLI attempted - 30 days after initial approvals (Denied - Egyptian)

CLI attempted - 5/3/16 (Denied) Too many new accounts (including Penfed's - but not an Egyptian anymore Smiley Wink)

This is very helpful.  Thanks for sharing

___________ 12Njoy
Message 44 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome, 12njoy!

Message 45 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Baller,

Another data point that may help is if you have multiple products from Penfed, how long in between applications.  For me, that would be important to know how long it took to get approved for other Penfed products (i.e. immediately, 2 months, 6 months, etc...)

Ok will add to OP. Thanks 12! Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data For Others

What can I say about PenFed other than they are at the top of my list of favorite lenders. Joined with dirty EQ last summer and promptly shot down. Tried again in October and promptly labled an Egyptian. Gave it a third try begining of April and fared well. Instant approval on the Cash Rewards to 16.5k but turned down on a second card or PLOC. Since I'd already taken a pull I also opened checking and apped for an auto loan. Still looking for the right truck to pull the trigger on the auto loan. The PLOC and Thrifty Credit were a result of recon with a manager after completing a survey that was in my email (thanks MusicLover for the data point on this!). He reviewed and overturned the denials on those and made mention of my accounts, history and limits with NFCU. 

Product approved and Limit: 1)  Platinum Cash Rewards VISA - $16.5k @ 17.99% 4/3  2) PLOC - $5,000 @ 10.5% 4/20 3) Used Auto Loan - $25,000 @ 4.3% 72 months 4/15 4)  Thrifty Credit OD $500.00 4/20
EQ Fico 8 Score: 684
Penfed Nextgen Score: 667
AAOA: 2 years 3 months
Derogs?: Unpaid auto CO on EQ 6.5 years old
Total EQ Inquiries: 32
Last 12 months:   32 

Last 6 months: 13
New Accounts in last 12 months: 31 (44 if including my closed Comenity accounts)

Message 47 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Baller,

Ok will add to OP. Thanks 12! Smiley Happy

Thanks Baller and weedeb.  I'm going to try for a cli in 60 days.  My plan is to use the card and immediately make payments after charges post since I am only working with 2 months.  If I'm denied then I'll try again right before that 90 day period is up.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 48 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What can I say about PenFed other than they are at the top of my list of favorite lenders. Joined with dirty EQ last summer and promptly shut down. Tried again in October and promptly labled an Egyptian. Gave it a third try begining of April and fared well. Instant approval on the Cash Rewards to 16.5k but turned down on a second card or PLOC. Since I'd already taken a pull I also opened checking and apped for an auto loan. Still looking for the right truck to pull the trigger on the auto loan. The PLOC and Thrify Credit were a result of recon with a manager after completing a survey that was in my email (thanks MusicLover for the data point on this!). He reviewed and overturned the denials on those and made mention of my accounts, history and limits with NFCU. 

Product approved and Limit: @1)  Platinum Cash Rewards VISA - $16.5k @ 17.99% 4/3  2) PLOC - $5,000 @ 10.5% 4/20 3) Used Auto Loan - $25,000 @ 4.3% 72 months 4/15 4)  Thrifty Credit OD $500.00 4/20
EQ Fico 8 Score: 684
Penfed Nextgen Score: 667
AAOA: 2 years 3 months
Derogs?: Unpaid auto CO on EQ 6.5 years old
Total EQ Inquiries: 32
Last 12 months:   32 

New Accounts in last 12 months: 31 (44 if including my closed Comenity accounts)

Interesting recon idea.  I should try that on PLOC but they said they want to see payment history on Penfed Promise first so it's doubtful they would overturn.Smiley Sad

___________ 12Njoy
Message 49 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product(s) approved and Limit: Platinum Rewards $5,000
EQ 08 Fico: 676
Penfed Nextgen: 667

Instant or Review?: Instant

POI?: None

AAOA: 2.2 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) 2 paid CO's from Verizon 2 years ago

Util: 29%

Total EQ Inquiries: 23

Last 12 months: 10

Last 6 months: 1
New Accounts in last 12 months: 7
                                 Last 6 months: 0

Message 50 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.