Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data For Others

Ok. Good luck NYFan! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

tussking wrote:
Baller which card should I apply for if denied ?
So I am clear the one HP they did will be used for 90 for any products I apply for ?

Determining if you should reapply will depend on the reasons for denial (hoping you receive an approval, fingers crossed for you).  But in my experience, and from what I've read on the forums here...the Promise Visa seems one of the more entry level cards that seems to be the easiest to get.  I started with a Promise @ $8.5k and towards the end of my 90 days I pulled the trigger on the Travel Rewards Amex and was approved with the same limit as my Promise.  Best of luck to you and be sure to come back and post the results.  

Frequent Contributor

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate)  Platinum Rewards Visa Sig
EQ 08 Fico: 685
Penfed Nextgen: 726 (up from 646 when I was denied 2 mos ago)

Instant or Review?: Review + Recon

POI?: ?

AAOA: 7.5 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) Chapter 13 BK discharged 2/2/16. 

Util: 1%

Total EQ Inquiries:  11

Last 12 months: 11

Last 6 months: 11
New Accounts in last 6 months: 8 (I've only started rebuilding in the last 3 mos.)

Starting Scores 2/2/16 EX: N/A EQ: 586 TU: 597 | As of 5/3/16 EX: 682 EQ: 681 TU: 672
Community Leader
Super Contributor

IAmLeTired wrote:

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate)  Platinum Rewards Visa Sig
EQ 08 Fico: 685
Penfed Nextgen: 726 (up from 646 when I was denied 2 mos ago)

Instant or Review?: Review + Recon

POI?: ?

AAOA: 7.5 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) Chapter 13 BK discharged 2/2/16. 

Util: 1%

Total EQ Inquiries:  11

Last 12 months: 11

Last 6 months: 11
New Accounts in last 6 months: 8 (I've only started rebuilding in the last 3 mos.)

POI is Proof of Income. Did they request paystubs,etc?

Frequent Contributor

I was denied due to BK7. Should I call and see if they approve me for a different card ?
Discharged BK7 - 10.16.15
Current Fico8 - (1.31.17) EX - 656/EQ - 663/TU - 660
Total CL - $120,000
Community Leader
Super Contributor

tussking wrote:
I was denied due to BK7. Should I call and see if they approve me for a different card ?

Your bk is less than a yr old. You can try sending a recon and explaining your situation and see if they would be willing to overturn denial. If they stand by their decision,you can try apping their entry level Promise. Won't hurt anything since it's the same hp. I will pm you email address.

Frequent Contributor

So recon via email or give the promise a shot now ?
Total CL - $120,000
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Recon your denial first. If they won't change their mind, THEN you can app Promise and see what happens. Like Loquat said, it's there entry level card. Easier to get. They can start it as low as $500 if need be.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Baller...Since have no experience recon'ing a denial would you mind assisting me ? Should I call or email and could you private message me or post exactly what should be said ?
Total CL - $120,000
Community Leader
Super Contributor

tussking wrote:
Thanks Baller...Since have no experience recon'ing a denial would you mind assisting me ? Should I call or email and could you private message me or post exactly what should be said ?

I will send you a pm in an hour or so. Helping a friend move.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.