cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People around here have cooled off on Comenity cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: People around here have cooled off on Comenity cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

If the shopping cart trick works on Blue Nile just put the ring you want to buy in your shopping cart and when you check out it will pop-up.  I was able to get 3500 starting limit from Pottery Barn putting in a Dining room set in the cart.  

Congrats on your engagement!! I got my wife's ring at James Allen and you definitely get higher quality diamonds for less money shopping online. My wife is always getting compliments on her ring. 

Interesting. I've heard that it does work there.

At what point do they do a HP? Once you accept the card? Ever? 

Do you see the SL before you accept the offer?

Message 21 of 25
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Is there any reason not to consider a major card with a nice 0% intro offer? The OP has two major cards with good limits. I think that may position him for options that would be useful both now and in the future.

That's actually a much better idea.. 

@cosmokramer- you should try PenFed or NFCU.

I recently joined PenFed & got a card with a $10,000 SL, the same day. It's an excellent CU. 

I'm not sure if I can join either of those. My brother was in the Air Force, but he doesn't have an account with either, so I'd have to get him to join so that I can, right?Y

You can get into both. All you need is your brother's discharge papers or service record to get into Navy. Typically, you don't need it, but in case they audit your account, it'll be important to have ready. I send my deceased father's DD-214 to them to cover myself in case that happens. It's not even needed for PenFed, as a small contribution to a designated non-profit will suffice.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 22 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ring Pop.jpg

This should suffice.

LMAO Smiley Wink. Cant say its not a sweet gestureSmiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If the shopping cart trick works on Blue Nile just put the ring you want to buy in your shopping cart and when you check out it will pop-up.  I was able to get 3500 starting limit from Pottery Barn putting in a Dining room set in the cart.  

Congrats on your engagement!! I got my wife's ring at James Allen and you definitely get higher quality diamonds for less money shopping online. My wife is always getting compliments on her ring. 

Interesting. I've heard that it does work there.

At what point do they do a HP? Once you accept the card? Ever? 

Do you see the SL before you accept the offer?

I just tried to see if it would pop-up for me on Blue Nile and it did not.  You shouldn't get a hard pull if you get the pop-up but it is possible. 

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update in case anyone is checking back on this...

Joined NFCU yesterday. Applied for the cashRewards card this morning and was instantly approved for $8500! Doesn't have an introductory 0% offer, but the total APR is only 10.9, which is my lowest by a nice margin. I'll take the interest hit for a few months, and I'm pumped to start the NFCU relationship.

Thanks for the advice!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.