cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum MC Upgrade to Venture 1....push for Venture 2?

tag
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Platinum MC Upgrade to Venture 1....push for Venture 2?

I sent a secure message to Capital One and asked if I was eligible to upgrade my Platinum MC to the Venture 1 and found out I'm eligible! I had no idea that was even possible and wouldn't have ever known if it wasn't for this forum. 

Anyway, within their message it said I could perform the upgrade myself, however, when I went to check under the 'my features' section of the accounts tab it said i wasn't eligible for an upgrade. Called the CSR and found out that I am eligible for a Venture 1 and a QS. I already have a QS and was interested in the upgrade to the Venture 1 for the travel points. Unfortunately I called pretty late and the department I need is closed until tomorrow morning so I'll call then.

I know I'm going to inquire about the Venture 1 upgrade, but should I ask about the Venture 2 or not push it? Would asking for the Venture 2 require a 3x HP?

I didn't app for the Venture because I already had a major app spree last month and my scores tanked a bit from all the inquiries, but they're starting to rebound as accounts are reporting...though still fairly low anyway. Just took a shot in the dark asking about an upgrade since I never heard of it before.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum MC Upgrade to Venture 1....push for Venture 2?

@midwestgirl44 wrote:

I sent a secure message to Capital One and asked if I was eligible to upgrade my Platinum MC to the Venture 1 and found out I'm eligible! I had no idea that was even possible and wouldn't have ever known if it wasn't for this forum. 

Anyway, within their message it said I could perform the upgrade myself, however, when I went to check under the 'my features' section of the accounts tab it said i wasn't eligible for an upgrade. Called the CSR and found out that I am eligible for a Venture 1 and a QS. I already have a QS and was interested in the upgrade to the Venture 1 for the travel points. Unfortunately I called pretty late and the department I need is closed until tomorrow morning so I'll call then.

I know I'm going to inquire about the Venture 1 upgrade, but should I ask about the Venture 2 or not push it? Would asking for the Venture 2 require a 3x HP?

I didn't app for the Venture because I already had a major app spree last month and my scores tanked a bit from all the inquiries, but they're starting to rebound as accounts are reporting...though still fairly low anyway. Just took a shot in the dark asking about an upgrade since I never heard of it before.

Venture....2?

No. Don't PC into that unless you like throwing away signup bonuses and paying for the privilege.

Message 2 of 4
midwestgirl44
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@midwestgirl44 wrote:

Venture....2?

No. Don't PC into that unless you like throwing away signup bonuses and paying for the privilege.

LOL - I saw somewhere that someone referred to the Venture with the 2 miles rewards as Venture 2 so wasn't sure what I should call it to differentiate. That's what I was wondering too as I wasn't sure if they would honor any sign-up bonuses if I PC'ed my account. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@midwestgirl44 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@midwestgirl44 wrote:

Venture....2?

LOL - I saw somewhere that someone referred to the Venture with the 2 miles rewards as Venture 2 so wasn't sure what I should call it to differentiate. That's what I was wondering too as I wasn't sure if they would honor any sign-up bonuses if I PC'ed my account. 

Thank you!

This is Capital One we are speaking of... Smiley Indifferent

Best way to acquire the Venture is to apply for it. The signup bonus makes it worth it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.