cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll how many people didn't fall for the Venture big CL's?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Poll how many people didn't fall for the Venture big CL's?

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'm not against Cap One in general, I love my Quicksilver.

However, I have no need or desire for a Venture. I don't want 2% on everything only if I redeem for travel. It's too restrictive for me and IMO too many people are just falling for the big CL and not really investigating whether they'll get any use out of it. The 2% back is widely hyped, but less often mentioned is that it is only a true 2% card with that certain redemption.

I prefer my QS with its unrestricted 1.5% back, and unless you are a big big traveler, that works out to be a better deal in many cases. You won't likely get a $10k starting limit with QS though.

I don't open cards just because of a potentially high limit if the card is otherwise useless. I don't like that kind of "clutter". YMMV (clearly since it seems everyone has applied for it).

Did you know you can use your 2% for gift cards as well? Smiley Happy

That I was not aware of. OK, so it's 2% if you get GCs or travel. Still, you can't get straight statement credit (against regular purchases) at 2% and you do have to consider the AF too as far as spending enough to outearn it and surpass the 1.5% Quicksilver.

I dunno, I prefer the less restrictive card lol. Other factor is that some people are comfortable having it and just strictly using it for travel. I just don't like having that many cards. But it depends how much use you'll get out of it

Message 11 of 105
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So keep on reading about approvals of the Venture CC in approvals, seems like a few posts still come each day.. 

Question is this, who is holding strong against Cap1 and HAS NOT applied and Will not apply for the Venture card?  I know most have fallen and proud to be one that hasn't Smiley Happy

I will start.

@CreditCuriosity <- has not!

See but you have a PC'd Venture card so you cant fall for it!

Ventureone not venture.. I do have a Pre-Approval, but not taking it! Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 105
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So keep on reading about approvals of the Venture CC in approvals, seems like a few posts still come each day.. 

Question is this, who is holding strong against Cap1 and HAS NOT applied and Will not apply for the Venture card?  I know most have fallen and proud to be one that hasn't Smiley Happy

I will start.

Ventureone not venture.. I do have a Pre-Approval, but not taking it! Smiley Tongue

lol tomato tomatoe !

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 13 of 105
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will start.

I have no need for the card, don't travel

Will NOT give up three inquiries for a card

All reports will be inquiry free in April, gonna keep it that waySmiley Very Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 14 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will start.

I'd Venture to say you'd get 15K. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 105
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will start.

lol tomato tomatoe !

That card is from 2004 pc'ed, I have since learned Cap1 is a no-no...  Although the QS is a painless simple cashback card if you don't have to deal with their CS!

Message 16 of 105
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will start.

lol tomato tomatoe !

That card is from 2004 pc'ed, I have since learned Cap1 is a no-no...  Although the QS is a painless simple cashback card if you don't have to deal with their CS!

agreed. My WEMC Quicksilver is a PC'd from orchard bank from 2000.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 17 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sticking in the garden. Since 2001 I have had seven Capital One Personal and business Cards. Closed them all and that is enough.
Message 18 of 105
baller4life
Super Contributor

ME!!! I haven't! And I usually jump on all the bandwagons. LOL!! But many of you know my dislike for Crap One. So ain't gonna happen!
Message 19 of 105
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I haven't done it yet, probably not going to either. I HATE their 3 pull policy doodoo. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 20 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.