Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Run Questions

tag
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval Run Questions

No Pre Qual's for any cards that I have.... AMEX gave me 3k in Nov on the BS, and then 7k in Jan on the BCE. In Dec I got the CSP and Citi DC. I still can't get any prequals to show....I always check

Message 11 of 18
coffeegal
Contributor

I was recently approved for an AMEX Green Card and BCE with EX score at 685 and one collection reporting at that time.  I didn't have any pre-quals showing up on the site, but saw that others with lower scores and more blemished profiles were getting approvals, so I gave it a shot.  I have also read that some with thin but clean files have had pretty good luck with AMEX.  

Good luck! 

Starting Score: EQ 657 TU 627 EX 650 12/2014
Current Score: EQ 747 TU 748 EX 738 3/2017
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling pretty confident about my spree. Will report how it goes when I apply next month, just waiting for one inquiry to drop off in Feb.

My TU shows inquiries from 2 years ago, and I'm not sure if 4 inquire total on my TU will fail me, so best to wait...
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit, 4 on my EQ, not TU...
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tomorrow is the big day, i'll be running my spree for the BCP, CSP, Freedom, & Disc IT (with Cap1 VISA as my sub).  Pulled my full FICO report yesterday, I'm at 742 EQ, 762 TU, & 753 EX.

I hope all goes well, but i'll report back what happens tomorrow.  Wish me luck...! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tomorrow is the big day, i'll be running my spree for the BCP, CSP, Freedom, & Disc IT (with Cap1 VISA as my sub).  Pulled my full FICO report yesterday, I'm at 742 EQ, 762 TU, & 753 EX.

I hope all goes well, but i'll report back what happens tomorrow.  Wish me luck...! Smiley Happy

I predict it goes very well for you. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not saying you won't but I most likely you will be turned down for most of your target cards because of your short history. My gf and I were in the same exact same situation and with the history Cap one is a bit easier....

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.