cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved Discover IT. Should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approved Discover IT. Should I apply?

+1
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uecker4life wrote:

I know I am probably not giving the best advice, but I personally would apply for it if you want it.  

Does your mailer include a specific APR or a small range?  (not the 12.99-22.99% range)

Is your EQ FICO in the 690 range as you indicate on your signature?

Wanting a house in the next 12-18 months shouldn't stop you at this point, IMO.  FICO scores don't care about INQ after 12 months - yes lenders can see them for two years, but I think you should be just fine.  Assuming a first time home buyer?  FHA?  Again, I personally wouldn't worry about it.  

Again, while it might not be the 'best' advice.  I say do what you want.  You are still young and growing your credit - and I love my Discover card.  Oh and the double cashback bonus for a year is a GREAT perk that won't last long...

I wish you the best of luck on the house hunting!  We are looking for something before the end of March (well whenever the right house comes along).

It says "15.99% to 18.99% based on your creditworthiness".

And yes, I am a first time home-buyer most probably going the FHA route.

As for my FICO 08 Score, it's 722 for Equifax. 

The other scores in my signature isn't FICO but the scores I got from my credit monitoring with Equifax.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Go for it. After this go to the garden

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - go for it. You have 12-18 months before you go for a house anyway -- plenty of time to garden.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED with $2,500 CL SL!!!

Okay so after reading your responses (and questions about the APR Range in the approval letter), I finally decided to go ahead and apply. I went online, punched in that invitation letter and after hitting on submit, I was asked to call a number to further process my application. I was already feeling a little bit down at this point because I usually dread this kind of response from applications! But when I called, I was just asked for a few details (the normal stuff about credit verification).

Thank you! You guys made me think twice about ignoring the letter! Good thing I kept it!!!

I swear this is going to be my last credit card application (aside from my pending reconsideration with AmEx lol) for the next 18months!!!

My Sunday just got a whole lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice - congrats!

Message 16 of 19
JamP
Valued Contributor

@kimjks2003 wrote:

Okay so after reading your responses (and questions about the APR Range in the approval letter), I finally decided to go ahead and apply. I went online, punched in that invitation letter and after hitting on submit, I was asked to call a number to further process my application. I was already feeling a little bit down at this point because I usually dread this kind of response from applications! But when I called, I was just asked for a few details (the normal stuff about credit verification).

Thank you! You guys made me think twice about ignoring the letter! Good thing I kept it!!!

I swear this is going to be my last credit card application (aside from my pending reconsideration with AmEx lol) for the next 18months!!!

Awesome Congratz.. Way to go on the approval. Give everyone else some insight on the mailers.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamP wrote:

@kimjks2003 wrote:

Awesome Congratz.. Way to go on the approval. Give everyone else some insight on the mailers.

Thank you!! And yes, will do! I'm so happy to now be a part of the Discover Family!!! I'll definitely share my experience!!

Message 18 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know Discover's online pre-qual site is horrible and will say Mickey Mouse is pre-approved, but I'm not sure about their mailers. Hopefully someone with experience with their mailers will chime in soon. If I were you though, I would try it.

They are pretty solid in my experience. I got one iin the mail June 2013 and it offered a set 18.99% APR which is my best APR if you don't include my visa siggy cards. It is also my first CC. Mailers are good but online is crap

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.