Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualify Sites

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Qualify Sites

Does anyone know if any of the pre-qualify sites actually pull a new soft on you that day when you fill out the form, or is it always just checking to see if you already have an offer based on the last SP they did on you?

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Qualify Sites

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the pre-qualify sites actually pull a new soft on you that day when you fill out the form, or is it always just checking to see if you already have an offer based on the last SP they did on you?

Thanks

It may well vary depending on which site you're talking about. 

I can say that Chase suddenly had offers for me the day I saw my TU jump from high 600's to mid 700's last spring, so that's a pretty clear indication that they did a soft pull when I checked their prequal site. I had been checking weekly before that.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does make me think Chase does TU SPs the day of you filling it out.

That puzzles me then cuz I have a 763 on TU and I have never had any for Chase. (And 0-1% Util, 2yr AAOA, no baddies)

Thx for the info tho. Maybe this will be a gather diff data points topic.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh-and I wasn't necessarily talking about a specific one. I just was thinking of this and how it worked and wondered if any of them did.
Message 4 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

There's only 5-8 of them anyway.... go hit them all in a day and wait a couple of days and get your annual credit reports to check the SP history Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have mine coming due soon-lol. Thought of that actually. Haha.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus I just thought I had read something about one of them-maybe it was Chase-and it said it was pulled when you fill it out. I could be thinking it was Chase based on the reply in this post but for some reason Chase sounds right.

Also on creditcards.com or NerdWallet.com - can't remember which one- one of them specifically advertises Chase- they will check all the prequal sites but chase is almost highlighted. Maybe that's why I thought this.

Idk. Would be nice to know tho how each of them work.
Message 7 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Keep in mind that Chasr prequal site only tries to match you with one of their core cards. You will not see a prequal offer on their site for co-branded cards like AARP or Disney etc.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get my annual credit report for EQ and TU but I never have luck. They always seem to want me to mail crap in. Lol.

I miss the days of *B* and seeing your SPs daily.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do. I noticed when I recently checked my EQ that those prequal checks I had done previous to checking my report appeared on it. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.