cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Quals from Capital One...Are these good??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Quals from Capital One...Are these good??

I've never had pre-quals from Capital One until last night.  Just curious to see if I had any offers.

Venture @16.9%

QS Visa @17.9%

Venture One @15.9%. 

Not that I'm going to take any right now since I do NOT want triple pulls, but are these good offers?  I checked off the box for "Travel Cards" when it asked what I was interested in.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Quals from Capital One...Are these good??

They're not bad. I like the Quicksilver because the rewards are more versatile. I don't see much point in the Venture One, because it's no AF but only 1.25 miles back, so why not just get a Quicksilver?

Venture is good if you are strictly into travel because it's 2 miles per dollar.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

They're not bad. I like the Quicksilver because the rewards are more versatile. I don't see much point in the Venture One, because it's no AF but only 1.25 miles back, so why not just get a Quicksilver?

Venture is good if you are strictly into travel because it's 2 miles per dollar.

I already converted my Rebuilder Platinum to a QS in December so I guess I don't need another??  I have a Journey card that I don't know what to do about. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I already converted my Rebuilder Platinum to a QS in December so I guess I don't need another??  I have a Journey card that I don't know what to do about. 

You can get it for the sign-up bonus. Is your current QS a Siggy or WMC? If it's the WMC, it might be cool to have a QS Siggy too. You might even get a decent limit. The APR they're offering you is pretty decent.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!!!  I did the same thing last night, and got the same results!  No offers before that, now the same three, with the same specs.  So now the big question...  Is Cap1's pre-qual becoming more like Discover, or are we on the same rebuilding path??  LOL

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You can get it for the sign-up bonus. Is your current QS a Siggy or WMC? If it's the WMC, it might be cool to have a QS Siggy too. You might even get a decent limit. The APR they're offering you is pretty decent.

No Siggy or WMC.  $3000 cl on that one.  Would the new one be a Siggy?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW!!!  I did the same thing last night, and got the same results!  No offers before that, now the same three, with the same specs.  So now the big question...  Is Cap1's pre-qual becoming more like Discover, or are we on the same rebuilding path??  LOL

LOL, I guess we're doing something right??!!!!!    Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should apply for the Venture. You might get a $50K limit.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, I wish!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, I wish!  Smiley Wink

There's a thread over in approvals where a member just did that - with a Fico of 690. And, that isn't even the weirdest part, He got approved for six Amex cards in one day.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.