cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous History w/ Chase, should I apply for CSR to hit March Deadline?

tag
taneronx

Re: Previous History w/ Chase, should I apply for CSR to hit March Deadline?

I'm at 4/24 currently

Message 11 of 22
taneronx

RK, yea I have 7+ trips coming up within the next 365 days. I figured the 100K would be put to good use, and I would be racking up a ton of UR's with the 3x. I'm personally willing to take the hit for the extra 50k points

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taneronx wrote:

I'm at 4/24 currently

You should be OK then.

Message 13 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

@taneronx wrote:

Hi everyone, new to the forum here.

I had great credit for years, then went through a bad divorce that wrecked it a bit 3 years ago (Multiple lates for car loan, mortgage, & student loans, one charge off with Capital One). I never filed for chapter 7 and got everything back on track, even getting married again (much happier now!). 

I still have about 50k in student loans. Everything's been on time the last year and a half. I also have:

Discover IT(1250k)

Merrick Bank(1400k)

Capital One BuyPower(750k)

Amex SPG(10k)<-just got this last week

Credit Scores before the Amex card:

FAKO TU 776

FAKO EQ 707

Discover FICO 710

Merrick Bank FICO 700

I have 15 years of credit history and had previous (3)Chase cards on my report that had perfect history which i closed out in the past. Unfortunately, I also had a Chase auto loan that has 6 late payments(*paid off 2 years ago). 

My income is 120K/yr and my Wife is 98K. I didn't want to miss out on the 100K points signup, what do you guys think? Should I apply and risk the hard pull? How much do you think the auto loan late payments affects me for this? or go for an entry level Chase card instead and try to get back into their good graces?

I think you should be ok. Have you check their Pre-Qual site.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 22
taneronx

Not sure if it is true, but I believe I read somewhere that they no longer do prequals for the CSR...

Message 15 of 22
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@taneronx wrote:

Not sure if it is true, but I believe I read somewhere that they no longer do prequals for the CSR...

Confirmed!

Message 16 of 22
taneronx

Just an update:

So i went into a branch 2 days ago and filled out an application. Moments later, the bank rep comes back with a form for me to sign. He leaves and comes back with a folder/brochure that describes their other products with the disclosure form, rates, bonus and perks info of the csr card (all the stuff you usually get in the male with the card) and then tells me that I should get the card next week. I was so excited that I forgot to ask him what the credit line was.

ANyways, later on in the night, I called robolady and got the under review, 7-10 day message. Anybody know what this means? Does this mean that i did not get the card and the bank rep fugged up by telling me the wrong message?

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The banker told you wrong. You're either approved on the spot or you arnt. But if not instant approval it doesn't mean you are not approved. I would call the recon line. Seems strange the way he/she handled it
Message 18 of 22
newhis
Valued Contributor

If you get approved and have a Chase online account, your card will show there as soon as you log back in. You can find the limit and APR online.

If you have an online account and your new card is not showing, then you were not instantly approved, you may still get the card.

Message 19 of 22
taneronx

Unfortunately, I dont have an existing chase account to check with this method. As far as calling the recon line, should i call now? or wait the 7-10 days?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.