Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Applications approved!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Prime Applications approved!

That's a nice spree! I would think that you should get a member date of 98 but I'm not sure... Either way you'll get a nice backdating benefit! Congrats on those cards! See ya in the garden. Ps congrats on making it through the DMP. So many folks just give up.... you fought your way through and I'm sure you picked up a lot of knowledge through that time period. Congrats! Welcome to the forum we are glad to have you!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 20
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

wow congrats!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! 

Message 13 of 20
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

I up in the air myself about closing a perfectly good card, even if it has an AF. I would think the bonuses you would gain from the open tradeline would more then warrant paying a measly AF, once per year.

I have one card with an AF and I honestly think that once I get into prime land, I may leave it open and use it occasionally just to keep the tradeline open. If you close them, your AAoA will take a hit.

For instance, my AAoA is 5yr 2mth with EQ and I'd like to protect that as much as possible.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 14 of 20
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 15 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! Good luck on requesting membership backdating for AU with Amex. It seems to be a hit or miss.

Message 16 of 20
djc0198765

Well look at that got a call from BOA, they had some questions about the DMP in my past sicne they where a part of it, but after those questions approved the application CL $2500! (Royal Caribian card) not too bad!  Thought they would hold that agenst me for a long time.  I am done and finished over $16K in credit + the Amex is more than enough for me since I never carry a balance.  Most of these cards should grow with time (i hope).

Wife also got approved this morning for her first real credit card (she is an AU on some of my cards), a Chase Freedom with a $3K CL!

Now I need to plan out how to use these cards over the next 3 months to get all the sign up bonuses!

Message 17 of 20
djc0198765

Sweet!  Amex just backdated my card back to 02 (when I became an AU on an Amex)!  This should help my AAOA

Message 18 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@djc0198765 wrote:

Sweet!  Amex just backdated my card back to 02 (when I became an AU on an Amex)!  This should help my AAOA

Nicely done! Congratulations! That makes a huge difference. Every time you want to improve your AAoA, just apply for another Amex card, Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Very nicely done. I would Ax the old cards, because why pay the fee if you don't think the card is doing anything for you? You are re-entering Primeville, enjoy!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.