Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record falling off this year!!!

tag
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Public record falling off this year!!!

I was wondering how much points would I gain once my public record falls off this year? Please advise.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Public record falling off this year!!!

@kampfer09 wrote:

I was wondering how much points would I gain once my public record falls off this year? Please advise.

no way to really tell... some actually loose points because of the rebucket but it's more rare I would say to loose points.... you might not see a huge bump in points HOWEVER in approvability you might see a lot!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had mine deleted and barely saw any increase. Was highly disappointed.
Message 3 of 9
Goodness
Regular Contributor

I didn't see any increase and I had 2 to be removed from EQ
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 4 of 9
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

75 point increase for me across all three

but I also had a strong profile / zero negative and a good aaoa

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 5 of 9
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

I think by the time they fall off they have aged so much that the large increase I was hoping for on mine didn`t happen

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think it depends on how much you are able to rebuild and how focused you are on it. From what I have seen on these boards it is important to establish four or five cards that you garden until your credit grows and you can get better cards. If  you do that then the bk wont affect you either way when it falls off. 

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A primary factor is whether or not there are any ermaining major derogs.

While other major derogs still remain, you remain in a "dirty" scoring categorization, and score improvment is less.

Once all major derogs are removed, scoring categorization becomes "clean," and significantly higher increases are normally seen.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think wagsk1 is right. Once they fall off they are so old their impact is minimal. I have a judgememt in February 2010 from being being sued over a truck reposession in 05. That was for over 13K. Maybe if the amount is larger it's impact will be greater and therefore more of an increase when it falls off. I'll let you know in 2017!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.