cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled Credit report twice for one app Please Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled Credit report twice for one app Please Help!!

In Aug I applied for a Speedway gas card and recieved a denial in the mail stating that they could not verify my social and address. I called in and asked if they would reconsider if I could get them to verify my info.  The lady said yes and asked me to fax in dl and a bill in my name. I did this and 2 weeks later I noticed a second pull.  I called back and spoke with the lady I originally spoke with and asked her why did they pull my CR again and she said it was a new application. I explained to her that she didnt tell me I would be doing a new app. She told me it was common sense and I should have known. I asked to ro remove the second pull as i did not authorize it. She explained it was nothing that she could do. Anyone know how I can get this fixed?  Thanks in Advance

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulled Credit report twice for one app Please Help!!

Sorry to hear.  But at this point, your only choice is to dispute it with the CRA as you didn't authorize it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA will only tell the OP to contact the creditor. OP I would contact the higher ups at the creditor. If you get nowhere file a complaint with the BBB and explain in detail in your complaint.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
CRA will only tell the OP to contact the creditor. OP I would contact the higher ups at the creditor. If you get nowhere file a complaint with the BBB and explain in detail in your complaint.

I have recently disputed an inquiry with the CRA and they didn't ask me to contact the creditor.  So every situation is different.  

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have recently disputed an inquiry with the CRA and they didn't ask me to contact the creditor.  So every situation is different.  

Did you actually get it removed or did it come back as "inquiries are factual and cannot be disputed" type of wording?  Interesting if it was removed.  Only luck I have ever getting them removed is by contacting the creditor and having them recode it to a SP.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't done anything yet. Wanted to see the next steps I should take since she said it was common sense that it would be a new application.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.