Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger on CSR - What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger on CSR - What now?

So, I finally applied for the CSR, and I got the following message. This doesn't sem like the standard 7-10 day message, or is it? Obviously it's less ideal than an instant approval, but I'm trying not to be pesimistic. Called the status line a few minutes later and got the 30 day message, so I think that means I've still got a chance. I also have an active fraud alert, so I'm not sure how that's affecting things.

Anyway, what would you all suggest I do from here? Wait for a letter or call at some point in the next few days. Best number to call?

Chase App Message

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulled the trigger on CSR - What now?

When I app'd for my first Chase card (Sapphire Preferred, 6th credit card overall) in May, I got the same message.   I called the status line for a few days.  Everytime I called, I tried to talk to a rep and they just said to wait.  I asked if there was any additional information I could provide and they said not at that time.  It got approved a few days after my app.  

Since then, I've gotten the Freedom and Sapphire Reserve with instant approvals.  They might just be checking you out if you are new to Chase.

Obviously, YMMV...but good luck! 

Message 2 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got the same message for my IHG application, and was approved a couple of days later.  Smiley Wink

If you have an active fraud alert I would actually be concerned if they did instant approve anything, since that's what the fraud alert generally prevents.

In any case I suspect you'll get positive news soon.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you under 5/24? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I got the same message for my IHG application, and was approved a couple of days later.  Smiley Wink

If you have an active fraud alert I would actually be concerned if they did instant approve anything, since that's what the fraud alert generally prevents.

In any case I suspect you'll get positive news soon.  Smiley Happy

Regarding the fraud alert, of course! Hah. Not sure how I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll go through.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you under 5/24? 

Yes. I was at 4/24.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.