Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION!???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUESTION!???

what shoul my credit score be before thinkin about applying for chase freedom or capital venture? and how long of credit history? i have about 9 months
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: QUESTION!???

@Anonymous wrote:
what shoul my credit score be before thinkin about applying for chase freedom or capital venture? and how long of credit history? i have about 9 months

For freedom best is to check their prequalification site. They are very accurate with that.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase typically likes to see a year, but they are very recon friendly. I'd get your scores around 700. lowest I would app at is 680, but YMMV

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 4 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know about the Venture but for the Freedom, a year of credit history is optimum. I got in with them with 11 months of history though but I guess that depends on the person and whether you have a relationship with Chase already or not.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i actually dont have a relationship with them i only have 3 cards 2 of them being secured but i was gonna maybe apply around april becuase that would be a full year...im on month 9 now😊😊😊
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time may not be your limit here but your overall credit picture may be.

You can certainly apply at any time you like but if your profile doesn't support an approval, then it will have been a waste of time.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were my second or third card. I would wait until you hit a year, then try the website. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.