Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Capital 1 QS Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Capital 1 QS Card

Don't know if I'm posting in right topic form, if not please move..

OK, so I went to the pre-approve site for Capital One, got the Quick silver one card,and was like ok. I have the Venture one card with a $4,400 cl, So I thinking go 4 it, should get a higher SL then my 4400. NOT so I got $500.00 SL, was like ugh,  so I hit the Credit line Increase button, Bam 7-10 day Message, so now I call the customer service line and get a guy from India CS  , I ask for USA CS,  Sorry you'll  have to call tomorrow after 7am est. So I just tell the guy to just close the Account and he told me that the card would still report to my Credit Report as a Open/Closed Capitol One acct. I told him since I have not received and Activated it, it should not report to my credit report. is this right or ??   tks 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Capital 1 QS Card

Even if the account was open for five minutes and you never activated the card, it will still report if closed.
Message 2 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Any account you apply and get approved for will be reported on your CR regardless of whether or not you activate the card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Thanks for the info. that sucks lol Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok Thanks for the info. that sucks lol Smiley Sad

I know.. Hang in there..

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you most likely already got hit with the 3 hp's you might as well keep the card open. Any hit your scores will take are going to happen regardless of whether you keep it open or close it.

If it's the QS1 card, it should be enrolled in the Credit Steps program automatically which means you'll get a cli after your 6th statement if you make on time payments each month. Some have reported being able to get a cli in 2-3 months in addition to a nice cli at completion of the Credit Steps program. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you most likely already got hit with the 3 hp's you might as well keep the card open. Any hit your scores will take are going to happen regardless of whether you keep it open or close it.

If it's the QS1 card, it should be enrolled in the Credit Steps program automatically which means you'll get a cli after your 6th statement if you make on time payments each month. Some have reported being able to get a cli in 2-3 months in addition to a nice cli at completion of the Credit Steps program. 

yeap thats what the CS guy said "credit steps program" . I went and Emailed the EO office and they called me back today. see what happens ..

Thanks for the info Jupitermoon  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Any account you apply and get approved for will be reported on your CR regardless of whether or not you activate the card.

Actually I might disagree with that statement. I applied for a credit one card before I ever applied for any of the cards in my sig. I was approved for the card. When I received it, I never activated it and promptly called them to let them know I would not be needing it any longer and to cancel. They marked it as such and to this date I dont have it listed on my credit report. Only thing listed is the HP.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 8 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think that was a fluke lol. AFAIK all accounts report no matter what.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if this is something you can dispute.  You apply, what they offer you is not acceptable, so you decline the offer.  I don't see why you should be forced to have a LOC appear on your CR as closed.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.