Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Alliant

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

Questions about Alliant

I signed up wtih a savings and checking account with Alliant last week.  I applied for a Visa with them but it was declined due to "delinquent past or present obligations".  How are they with Reconning?  I have no past dues in the last year and half to two years and am working on getting the rest of them cleared up.

Also, I saw that  Alliant sometimes puts $50 in accounts.  How does that work?  I wouldn't mind having an extra $50 but don't know if I need to do anything special to get it.  Ideas?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Questions about Alliant

No you don't need to do anything special for the $50 checking account bonus. They just automatically deposit it. So be on the lookout. As far as recons, I haven't heard much about it. Try giving them a call tomorrow and see if they will let you talk to a loan officer and plead your case. Update your thread and let us know how it turns out.
Message 2 of 8
disney2
Regular Contributor

I called Alliant today and asked for a loan officer.  I got transferred to the 24 hour loan line then back to the main number until I got Vernita.  She was the most unpleasant person I talked to.  I told her I wanted to talk to someone about my credit application and she put me on hold like she was transferring me and came back with that I should have received a letter about why it was denied. I said yes, I sure did receive it and I would like to talk to someone about a reconsideration.  She siad no need, your credit score isn't 650. End of conversation.

I think I will call back tomorrow and ask for the person that sent me the letter.  I would have today but had left it at home.

Message 3 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

WOW. I would definitely call back and speak to someone else. As a matter of fact, I would ask for Ms. Vernita's supervisor. Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 8
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

+1000 Op call back and speak to a supervisor! What a Terrible Cust service..
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently reopened my checking and savings account with Alliant, with hopes of applying for a credit card next year once my baddies fall off.

The (very friendly) rep I spoke to on the phone said the $50 bonus promotion expired 7/31/16. She gave me the "hard sell" on applying for a CC the day I opened my account, but I politely declined knowing I'd probably be denied.

Message 6 of 8
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@disney2 wrote:

I called Alliant today and asked for a loan officer.  I got transferred to the 24 hour loan line then back to the main number until I got Vernita.  She was the most unpleasant person I talked to.  I told her I wanted to talk to someone about my credit application and she put me on hold like she was transferring me and came back with that I should have received a letter about why it was denied. I said yes, I sure did receive it and I would like to talk to someone about a reconsideration.  She siad no need, your credit score isn't 650. End of conversation.

I think I will call back tomorrow and ask for the person that sent me the letter.  I would have today but had left it at home.

Wow I would definitely call back.  I called them after I received my denial letter.  I did not ask for a LO but they indicated I would have to recon in writing. Ugh...I emailed the loan consultant who emailed me telling me I did not get approved for their VISA.  He told me I needed to reduce my unsecured debt which is below 20%. 

Please keep us posted when you speak with the LO.  

Thanks for sharing.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 7 of 8
disney2
Regular Contributor

Sorry so late replying.  I did call back on Friday afternoon and asked for Luke that had sent me the letter.  He was really nice and explained that they really don't approve cards for less than 640 usually.  I told him I was working on building mine back up like it was in the past and he said to keep their number and apply again as soon as I was there.  So much different than what I heard from the one on Thursday. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.