Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Apping for new credit

tag
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions on Apping for new credit

@Anonymous wrote:

So i went with your ideas folks and BINGO !
Got the QS1 with $300 limit.

Didnt know if  there was a back door number or not that i could call to get them to consider raising the limits ?

Now should i apply for the platinum as well or do i just see if i can increase this or not and then go to the garden as they say ?

Thank you again, you really encouraged me to get this and it worked Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

I've read on this forum where others have been approved for both the QS1 and platinum in the same day.

There is a thread where a posters friend was told that policy recently changed. That hasn't been officially confirmed from my understanding. Applying for the platinum in the same day, as long as the old policy still applies, 'should' use the same HP.

Up to you if you want to try or not. Many have had success doing just that.

Either way nice job!!

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i went with your ideas folks and BINGO !
Got the QS1 with $300 limit.

Didnt know if  there was a back door number or not that i could call to get them to consider raising the limits ?

Now should i apply for the platinum as well or do i just see if i can increase this or not and then go to the garden as they say ?

Thank you again, you really encouraged me to get this and it worked Smiley Happy

Congrats! Give it some use and try to get a CLI after the 2nd or 3rd statement so you'll get a credit steps increase on top of that at 5 or 6 months. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the insights !!

I really apreciate all the knowledge that is here and the willingness of folks to share their experience .

In doing so this site is becoming a very valuable asset to people who want to get their credit back in line and just need a little know how to go with their hard work.

I may try the platinum as well just to see if i can get it so that they can both be on the steps to increase.

Seems like a no brainer for a quick pick gardening session, very good ROI and really helps the profile.

Thanks again will update on whether i try it or not still contemplating ..

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

said i would respond so...

I did try the platinum and they denied me.

Said that i couldnt app for more than one card in 30 days...

any way i also managed to get the chase Freedom since then as well (500 SL) and i am trying to figure out the best approach for raising my limits quickly.

I cycled through 1200+ on the QS1 already and 1200+ on the chase freedom.

was debating get a store cord Overstock or something similar and using it to bolster overall limits.

I am also looking at the barclays Apple Rewards card but i am waiting for my balances to update on my current credit cards so it shows a 0 util.

thanks.

Message 14 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 Quicksilver

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 15 of 18
2BrownDogs
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

said i would respond so...

I did try the platinum and they denied me.

Said that i couldnt app for more than one card in 30 days...

any way i also managed to get the chase Freedom since then as well (500 SL) and i am trying to figure out the best approach for raising my limits quickly.

I cycled through 1200+ on the QS1 already and 1200+ on the chase freedom.

was debating get a store cord Overstock or something similar and using it to bolster overall limits.

I am also looking at the barclays Apple Rewards card but i am waiting for my balances to update on my current credit cards so it shows a 0 util.

thanks.

My wife opened at Cap 1 Plat.  She PC'd it to a QS after the first statement.  She is in the middle of her 3rd statement billing cycle and requested a CLI on the website.  Yesterday she was offered a $150 CLI - she declined that.  Today she was offered a $1000 CLI.  She took that.  Like others have stated, that card will also get an increase through credit steps in 5-6 months from opening.  Use it heavily and pay it off before the close of each statement.  It will steadily grow with very nice CLI's.

Also, her scores are similar to yours and she was approved for a Chase Southwest Premiere Card with a starting limit of 4K.  I don't know if that is a card that would be of interest to you.  I have heard from others that they accept much lower scores for approval, and seem to offer better starting credit lines.  The 50K miles offer is a nice perk too.  Just a thought. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank 2BrownDogs,

I appreciate the feedback there. I would love the southwest card but it is part of my master plan to get the southwest companion pass so i need to save that till next year.

i have the Chase Freedom card and has also applied for the chase slate at the same time and they said that they wanted to see more history from me before granting me more credit.

Is it a different story for the Chase Co Branded cards ?

I just SCT for Overstock and got a nice 2k SL called in for more and they are reviewing. will update when i know more there as well.

In the mean time my chase and qs1 have not reported so my account age is sitting pretty at 7 years AAoA for now. 

In august my oldest acconut fall off taking with them like 10-15 lates but also taking the history as well. I am trying to wait patiently for my 5/3rd SC and PNC SC to report already (should have done so on the 18th) but they are taking their sweet time.

I apped for Amex  BCE denied then reconed it into pending. Not expecting much there but i had the pre-approval from credit match tool so thought why not. Probably should have waited for the updates to my utilization ( 88%) right now but that is just on the 2 SC with max limits of 300 apiece . I PIF'd them but not reflecting yet.

I was thinking apping the barclay rewards and or apple credit after scores show better util. Trying to take advantage of the AAoA right now before the old stuff falls off. I might gain in the lates falling off but i also suspect chase and cap 1 to report next month as well so it would then show 3 new lines of credit in the last 30 days.... so i am trying to way the risk against the gain.

Open to thoughts though as always.

Thanks guys.

Message 17 of 18
2BrownDogs
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank 2BrownDogs,

I appreciate the feedback there. I would love the southwest card but it is part of my master plan to get the southwest companion pass so i need to save that till next year.

i have the Chase Freedom card and has also applied for the chase slate at the same time and they said that they wanted to see more history from me before granting me more credit.

Is it a different story for the Chase Co Branded cards ?

I just SCT for Overstock and got a nice 2k SL called in for more and they are reviewing. will update when i know more there as well.

In the mean time my chase and qs1 have not reported so my account age is sitting pretty at 7 years AAoA for now. 

In august my oldest acconut fall off taking with them like 10-15 lates but also taking the history as well. I am trying to wait patiently for my 5/3rd SC and PNC SC to report already (should have done so on the 18th) but they are taking their sweet time.

I apped for Amex  BCE denied then reconed it into pending. Not expecting much there but i had the pre-approval from credit match tool so thought why not. Probably should have waited for the updates to my utilization ( 88%) right now but that is just on the 2 SC with max limits of 300 apiece . I PIF'd them but not reflecting yet.

I was thinking apping the barclay rewards and or apple credit after scores show better util. Trying to take advantage of the AAoA right now before the old stuff falls off. I might gain in the lates falling off but i also suspect chase and cap 1 to report next month as well so it would then show 3 new lines of credit in the last 30 days.... so i am trying to way the risk against the gain.

Open to thoughts though as always.

Thanks guys.

I have heard that the co-braded cards sometimes have different qualifying criteria.  Others with much more knowledge can probably offer more insight on that.  I'm not sure if the Chase Southwest falls under the 5/24 rule, so you may want to investigate that as you plan your applications and new accounts.  

Good luck with AMEX.  I have the Delta card with them.  Their customer service has been exceptional so far.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.