Senior Contributor
baller4life

Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

:smileymad:

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

GARDENING: 10/21/14 - 10/1/15 EQ: 644 EX: 688 TU: 709
MY WALLET: $10k NFCU CASH REWARDS|$10k BOA CASH REWARDS|$10k DINER'S CLUB PREMIER
$9k AMEX DELTA|$7.5k NFCU PLATINUM MC|$7k DISCOVER IT|$5k AMAZON|$5k WALMART
$2.5k CHEVRON|$1k BARCLAYS RING|$1k BARCLAYS REWARDS
Established Contributor
FixMyCredit1992

Re: Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

A $150 limit? I have never heard of such a low limit, I've heard of 300 limit, but 150? Wow

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Valued Contributor
FinStar

baller4life wrote:

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

Yep, really...limits can come that low for GECRB.  Should have gardened longer for optimal results.  On the updside and with positive history, this tradeline can grow.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

A $150 limit? I have never heard of such a low limit, I've heard of 300 limit, but 150? Wow

Yes, even JCP can be as low as $100.  Macy's is another lender who can offer limits that low.  Bottom line, if you want the best results for a higher CL, be sure your credit profile is in decent standing piror to applying so as not to be disappointed with the results.

Senior Contributor
B335is

FinStar wrote:

baller4life wrote:

Yep, really...limits can come that low for GECRB.  Should have gardened longer for optimal results.  On the updside and with positive history, this tradeline can grow.

+1

Give it 4 months and call Credit Solutions, it's usually worth the wait.

Senior Contributor
baller4life

FinStar wrote:

baller4life wrote:

Yeah I should have gardened longer but I got excited when those stupid collections got deleted. I use a tank a day for work so the gas discount was VERY appealing to me as well as the free TU Fico. Like I said, I know it will grow fast. So I'm not TOO disappointed. Was just hoping for a higher starting limit. Now I will have to make multiple payments to stay under limit. Well I will garden next two years and all my inquiries will be gone as well as my last two baddies. Then I will be ready for Chase,Amex,Discover and Citi!! Woohooooo

GARDENING: 10/21/14 - 10/1/15 EQ: 644 EX: 688 TU: 709
MY WALLET: $10k NFCU CASH REWARDS|$10k BOA CASH REWARDS|$10k DINER'S CLUB PREMIER
$9k AMEX DELTA|$7.5k NFCU PLATINUM MC|$7k DISCOVER IT|$5k AMAZON|$5k WALMART
$2.5k CHEVRON|$1k BARCLAYS RING|$1k BARCLAYS REWARDS
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Congrats 

It will and can grow very large indeed 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Established Member
skinsfan83

That sounds like me. I went on a GE app spree and got some decent limits except my JCP which was $100!! Crazy! I actually shop there more than anywhere else. I logged onto Walmart today to schedule a payment and I saw they increased my limit by $100. I've had the card since the end of October. This would be my 2nd statement.

Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Valued Contributor
FinStar

baller4life wrote:

FinStar wrote:

baller4life wrote:

Yeah I should have gardened longer but I got excited when those stupid collections got deleted. I use a tank a day for work so the gas discount was VERY appealing to me as well as the free TU Fico. Like I said, I know it will grow fast. So I'm not TOO disappointed. Was just hoping for a higher starting limit. Now I will have to make multiple payments to stay under limit. Well I will garden next two years and all my inquiries will be gone as well as my last two baddies. Then I will be ready for Chase,Amex,Discover and Citi!! Woohooooo

Sounds like the excitement got the best of you.  At least your foot is in the door with GE and it will grow over time.  Best suggested approach is to learn from this whenever you plan your next applications, since you mentioned some big players as your desirable credit candidates.  A well-approached and thought-out strategy will get best results.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}