cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilt credit completely, still getting denied for Kohl's, am I blacklisted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilt credit completely, still getting denied for Kohl's, am I blacklisted?

I completely rebuilt my credit from the 400s to mid 700s over the past two years. I have gotten approved for everything I have applied for EXCEPT Kohl's. I had a Kohl's card some 10, 15 years ago. I honestly can't remember if it was one of the many cards I defaulted on. It is no longer listed on my credit report, either. Do they blacklist? I was told they are now managed by Capital One, and I do have two Capital One cards. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilt credit completely, still getting denied for Kohl's, am I blacklisted?

@Anonymouswrote:

I completely rebuilt my credit from the 400s to mid 700s over the past two years. I have gotten approved for everything I have applied for EXCEPT Kohl's. I had a Kohl's card some 10, 15 years ago. I honestly can't remember if it was one of the many cards I defaulted on. It is no longer listed on my credit report, either. Do they blacklist? I was told they are now managed by Capital One, and I do have two Capital One cards. 

They are a odd one, I've had the card for 5 + years, $300 limit, will never budge on a credit limit. As a thanks, I only use it once a year,  around the holidays.  I

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 2 of 6
jl4
Established Contributor

Re: Rebuilt credit completely, still getting denied for Kohl's, am I blacklisted?

I’d be curious to see what the denial letter says.
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was hoping to get a cli for kohls but it doesnt seem like they like to give them i do alot of shopping at kolhs for the kids clothes

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the other weird part - I never got a denial letter. I told that to the Kohl's employee (she was trying to get me to apply again), and I said I've been denied in the past and she asked what my letter said. I told her I never got one and she looked puzzled. I just tried the pre-qualifier a couple of weeks ago, and it also gave me a denial. I suppose I'll have to call if I want to know. I thought it might be because of the Capital One limits, but I applied over a year ago when I only had one Capital One card. So I have no idea. 

Message 5 of 6
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Try the Executive Office. Email them and request a manual review.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.