cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my first PRIME Pre-Approval from AMEX today!

tag
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Received my first PRIME Pre-Approval from AMEX today!

I'm excited!

Smiley Very Happy  I guess that's the start of something good right? Smiley Wink  I just finished paying off all of my old deliquent debt from 2012 and my FICO's have risen about 45 points.  I am still waiting on a few last updates to update across the board to paid... I got a whole lot of credit line increases last month and I've been gardening for about 2 months now, trying to be patient until all of my credit scores hit 660 across the board, as my first goal.

In any case, I received a pre-approval for AMEX's Green Card in the mail today.  I checked the AMEX pre-approval website site, and it popped up there as well.  Is a charge card a good way to get in with AMEX?  Any benefits worth naming for this card specifically?

I'm not sure if I'd want to proceed at this point, I'm just curious.  I am waiting until the end of the month as I should received a nice CLI from NFCU since I'll have an AR and my 3rd statement has already cut.

With the receipt of this first prime pre-approval, should I start seeing them trickle in, as my score will be steadily increasing within the next month as updates hit?  .Smiley Tongue

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received my first PRIME Pre-Approval from AMEX today!

Congrats on your prime pre-approval! I can't seem to get any decent mailers (or online pre-approvals) to save my life Smiley Sad But good for you, I can only imagine what a good feeling it must be!

Message 2 of 13
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your prime pre-approval! I can't seem to get any decent mailers (or online pre-approvals) to save my life Smiley Sad But good for you, I can only imagine what a good feeling it must be!

Thanks hun!  I am very excited because that tells me all of my hard work and patience has been paying off.  And as for you and getting pre-approvals online or mailers, it looks like you have some pretty amazing cards in your possession.  Smiley Tongue  I see quite a few that are my my "Goal" cards.  Which are your fav that you have?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

Thanks hun!  I am very excited because that tells me all of my hard work and patience has been paying off.  And as for you and getting pre-approvals online or mailers, it looks like you have some pretty amazing cards in your possession.  Smiley Tongue  I see quite a few that are my my "Goal" cards.  Which are your fav that you have?

It's hard for me to pick a favorite because they each have their benefits, although right now I seem to be using my Ring, Discover, and Quicksilver the most (moreso the Discover since it's double cashback right now - and it's just the secured version Smiley Wink).

Message 4 of 13
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

It's hard for me to pick a favorite because they each have their benefits, although right now I seem to be using my Ring, Discover, and Quicksilver the most (moreso the Discover since it's double cashback right now - and it's just the secured version Smiley Wink).

Very nice!! =)

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I WANNA BE LIKE YOU. 

Once you're in Amex and maintain good standing, you're in for life.  See:  backdating.

Message 6 of 13
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I WANNA BE LIKE YOU. 

Once you're in Amex and maintain good standing, you're in for life.  See:  backdating.

I guess I'll have to re-research that because I thought I had read in different threads that they no longer backdate?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged

Message 7 of 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

Amex is no longer backdating accounts.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably would get approved for the PRG 50k offer (use incognito/private browser). If you can afford spending $333 a month for 3 months and paying it off plus free $200 in airline gift cards...remember MR points can be worth over 2 cents each for travel and upgrades, thats $1200 right there..... then upon approval may as well app for Delta Gold under same inquiry, go make a skymiles account if u dont have one, go to deltaamexcard.com enter in skymiles and last name and check for 50-60k delta mile targeted offer. If none, use private browser for delta 35k offer and apply for that. If it gets denied dont panic call in and they will process it.  Then in 51 weeks, transfer the remaining points to delta or buy gift cards, then PC the delta gold!

Then again, your scores are almost high enough for their ED or BCE so u may want to wait just a bit longer.

Total spend, $2,000, end up with 5 $50 airline gift cards, and 85-110k points and miles! Nice for cheap domestic flights that are 5-10k each way, or even 42k round trip to europe.... Dont get the delta though unless u are close to a delta hub

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No backdating?!?!? It's like someone peed in my cheerios. But still, CONGRATS!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.