Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

So I said I was going to apply for one more card and I want the Nordstrom card really bad!  Yes I shop their frequently but was denied to too many inquiries in my EQ.  I have 3 utilities hp from October when we moved and two from my CU and Toyota for a new car financed.  I explained this to the rep and one first said wait a second,.. came back and still said NO.  I then called back and the gal very friendly said why don't you fax a letter or anything you feel is necessary for our President of credit to review as he is the only one who can overturn a denial??? Ok so I did some searching and did.  I also for the heck of it emailed a copy to the President of Nordis Mr. Nordstrom himself.  I am really hoping I get approved and if not at least I know I tried.  Will keep you guys posted, I read around and have seen some success on recons for Nordis when you do this.  I can post a copy of the letter later it is pretty long! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

@halos24 wrote:

So I said I was going to apply for one more card and I want the Nordstrom card really bad!  Yes I shop their frequently but was denied to too many inquiries in my EQ.  I have 3 utilities hp from October when we moved and two from my CU and Toyota for a new car financed.  I explained this to the rep and one first said wait a second,.. came back and still said NO.  I then called back and the gal very friendly said why don't you fax a letter or anything you feel is necessary for our President of credit to review as he is the only one who can overturn a denial??? Ok so I did some searching and did.  I also for the heck of it emailed a copy to the President of Nordis Mr. Blake Nordstrom himself.  I am really hoping I get approved and if not at least I know I tried.  Will keep you guys posted, I read around and have seen some success on recons for Nordis when you do this.  I can post a copy of the letter later it is pretty long! 

Fingers crossed for you!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much... I keep looking at my phone to see if I see an email response or a call ... and nothing Smiley Frustrated!  I figured even if it is a NO I cannot say I did not try. 

Message 3 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

Thanks so much... I keep looking at my phone to see if I see an email response or a call ... and nothing Smiley FrustratedI figured even if it is a NO I cannot say I did not try. 

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I received a response, who knows what will come of it but here it is.  Just happy they took the time to respond! Smiley Happy.

Dear Ms. XXX,

I appreciate the spirit in which you write and desire to obtain a Nordstrom credit card.  I’m taking the liberty to copy L from our credit area so that she can work directly with you on the possibility of opening an account.  She will be in contact with you shortly.

Sincerely,

Nordstrom

Cc:        , VP, Credit Services

Message 5 of 58
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

I received a response, who knows what will come of it but here it is.  Just happy they took the time to respond! Smiley Happy.

Dear Ms. XXX,

I appreciate the spirit in which you write and desire to obtain a Nordstrom credit card.  I’m taking the liberty to copy Lori Ratzlaff from our credit area so that she can work directly with you on the possibility of opening an account.  She will be in contact with you shortly.

Sincerely,

Blake Nordstrom

Cc:        Lori Ratzlaff, VP, Credit Services

Sounds promising! Good luck! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reconf Nordstrom Store Card.... APPROVED!!!

Soo not even an hour after Mr. Nordstrom responded I received a call from Lori Ratzlaff, VP, Credit Services on my cell!!! Holy moly I still cannot believe it she said well I know you applied for the Visa Signature but we cannot approve you for that but what we can do is offer you the store card... then she says will $1k be sufficient starting CL???? Oh my god Holy C#@#$ Smiley Surprised I was expecting at least $200 or $500 to start but she blew me away.  I said of course, I am just still shocked how fast I received a response to my email/letter to Mr. Nordstrom and then a call from her!  She said in about 6-7 months call us back if you want a CLI, and if you want the Visa Signature since that is a minimum of $5k CL we can also reconsider at a later time.

I am so grateful I told her and I am truly a shopper for life!  She said it is better to apply at the stores and also said that my enthusiasm and the fact that I took the time to write was great!

Wow I am stoked!

Message 7 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

Soo not even an hour after Mr. Nordstrom responded I received a call from Lori Ratzlaff, VP, Credit Services on my cell!!! Holy moly I still cannot believe it she said well I know you applied for the Visa Signature but we cannot approve you for that but what we can do is offer you the store card... then she says will $1k be sufficient starting CL???? Oh my god Holy C#@#$ Smiley Surprised I was expecting at least $200 or $500 to start but she blew me away.  I said of course, I am just still shocked how fast I received a response to my email/letter to Mr. Nordstrom and then a call from her!  She said in about 6-7 months call us back if you want a CLI, and if you want the Visa Signature since that is a minimum of $5k CL we can also reconsider at a later time.

I am so grateful I told her and I am truly a shopper for life!  She said it is better to apply at the stores and also said that my enthusiasm and the fact that I took the time to write was great!

Wow I am stoked!

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

That's why these boards rock!!! Yea me!!!

Message 9 of 58
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

congrats. Why did you want the Nordstrom Signature card?

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.