cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Excessive Student Financial Aid on CC App?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting Excessive Student Financial Aid on CC App?

I am 19 years old and normally make around 8K in income from working over the summer. However, I have started college this year and have mentioned in a different post I have a full ride scholarship at my school plus some outside scholarships. I have read many times on the forum that it is okay to use scholarship information on income fields for credit cards applications, though my situation is a little peculiar....

My scholarships total $33,500 each semester, which is $67,000 annually. Add a few thousand in job income and my income could be rated as high as 75K.

Currently, I have no tax documents to show this 75K income, only a few scholarship pieces of paper, so when I went on an app spree this July, I only put my income as Semester 1 Scholarships + 2017 income, so I put $39,600 to keep my income at what could be a reasonable, non-flaggable level. I was approved for three cards, and have been in the garden since waiting for my apps to slip under 5/24.

My main question is, when I do go on another app spree in mid-2018, what income should I put? I do not want to go under any financial review by any companies for proof of income, and 75K with a 19 y.o. and FULLTIME student might throw read flags due to the CARD ACT. My taxes for 2017 would not show $75K due to only one semester of scholarships reporting, but my 2018 taxes will show the full amount (but I won't have those taxes until beginning of 2019 ) Not quite sure.....$39,600 as income has seemed fine for my previous apps, but at the same time, if I would be fine setting 75K as income and not have any manual reviews, I think I would be less likely to be turned down and would also get larger limits.

My FICOs are: 767 EX, 755 TU, ??? EQ

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.