Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

I'm in no hurry here.  Yet, I'm sure that some individuals would like to get started with the airline/travel incentive but c'mon folks.. it's the holidays!  And, who knows how many other folks are also applying simultaneously given the reappearance of this offer (which could potentially cause a backlog).  Have we all gotten to be in the mindset that credit cards rule our everyday lives and wanted it yesterday?  Or, two weeks ago?  It's a credit card.  Albeit a premium product with awesome benefits, but still at the end of the day - a credit card.  Not sure what all the hoopla is about desiring it to appear instantly online and at the same time have the UPS man deliver it at your door step the minute the card has been embossed.  Just my .02c.

Message 461 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm in no hurry here.  Yet, I'm sure that some individuals would like to get started with the airline/travel incentive but c'mon folks.. it's the holidays!  And, who knows how many other folks are also applying simultaneously given the reappearance of this offer (which could potentially cause a backlog).  Have we all gotten to be in the mindset that credit cards rule our everyday lives and wanted it yesterday?  Or, two weeks ago?  It's a credit card.  Albeit a premium product with awesome benefits, but still at the end of the day - a credit card.  Not sure what all the hoopla is about desiring it to appear instantly online and at the same time have the UPS man deliver it at your door step the minute the card has been embossed.  Just my .02c.

Because if it doesn't arrive before the end of the year you miss out on $300 in airline incidental credits. 

Message 462 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon wrote: 

Number plz? Smiley Very Happy

Also, Did that one member figure out how to get the first year AF waived? I can pay it no problem but $400 in my pocket is $400 in my pocket.

No I have not lol! I need an account number first in order to try to get to waive the AF hehe. I feel you on the $400 in my pocket scenario. :-)

I called the JP Morgan Priority Services, and was told that my application is still pending - even though I received an approval e-mail - due to Ritz-Carlton (taking its sweet precious time) generating membership account numbers. She told me that it could take up to 5-7 business days. I will try walking into a Chase branch and speaking to a PB to see if I can get some definitive answers. 

Message 463 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

It's one of those. It's my card and I want it now! things..

Message 464 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Because if it doesn't arrive before the end of the year you miss out on $300 in airline incidental credits. 

And, if it's beyond their control and with the number of apps causes a backlog, then what?  So what if it's missed this year?  There's 2015 and next year and so on.  While I can understand the whole instant gratification/adrenalin rush and even if this had happened during the 1st week of December.  But, in all reality, most folks jumped on the bandwagon these past few days (including myself).  And, while JPM/Chase will do everything in its power to ensure things go smoothly and attempt to generate and deliver everyone's cards before the end of the year, not everyone will be able to get them before 12/31.

Message 465 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

And, if it's beyond their control and with the number of apps causes a backlog, then what?  So what if it's missed this year?  There's 2015 and next year and so on.  While I can understand the whole instant gratification/adrenalin rush and even if this had happened during the 1st week of December.  But, in all reality, most folks jumped on the bandwagon these past few days (including myself).  And, while JPM/Chase will do everything in its power to ensure things go smoothly and attempt to generate and deliver everyone's cards before the end of the year, not everyone will be able to get them before 12/31.

If it doesn't get here by 12/23 I'm moving the CL over to Freedom and closing.

Message 466 of 2,093
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I've always hated waiting for cards. This one is no different. That being said all the cards are expedited anyways. Once I was given that information I quit bothering Chase. It'll be done when it's done. No reason for all of us to keep calling them. 

Message 467 of 2,093
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You've got me super concerned. At least there's always that option. I could end up with a nearly 10K limit card as a result of that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 468 of 2,093
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

If you do that you might not be able to get a signup bonus on it for 2 years once you want to apply again...

Message 469 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

If mine isn't here in the next 20 minutes I'm closing it. 

Message 470 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.