Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
Incredulous
Established Member

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but if one were to "double-dip" on the airline credit, does the charge made in 2014 have to be redeemed by the end of this calendar year? The T&S states that you can redeem within 4 months, but not sure if waiting will use up 2015's credit. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 731 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

As far as I know the charge just needs to post within 2014
Message 732 of 2,093
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Marriott card is only 85$,waived the first year, given you 15 nights towards elite status, (Ritz give you automatic gold but not the 50 nights needed for gold, so AFAIK you still need to earn 75 nights for platinum if you start the year at 0) and Marriott gives the annual free night which is almost always worth more than the 85$ by itself

Exactly! They're great together!

Hoping they wouldn't count that stupid Amazon Chase Visa app, I decided out of curiosity to go for it to see if Chase would loosen up a bit. I saw someone here who was somehow able to get three Chase apps approved in a week but eh, no go. At least they did not do another HP on EQ so I think they just used my pull from a few days ago. Definitely waiting a month or two and trying again. It would be a great combo of cards for me to have there.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 733 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I was surprised to get approved for Ritz since I got Marriott like 2 months ago.
Message 734 of 2,093
chalupaman
Super Contributor

It seems like I've been able to get new Chase cards every two months. My SW app back in August, AARP back in October, and the Ritz card this month so if the pattern continues to hold true, I should have some kind of a chance at the Marriott in February. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 735 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
I was surprised to get approved for Ritz since I got Marriott like 2 months ago.

If you are good to Chase they are good to you.  I applied for the CSP the 13th, I was approved for $18k. 4 days later, I appled for the Ritz on 17th, I was approved for $12k.  Thats 4 days between.  I love Chase.  Follow their rules, don't piss them off and you are golden.

Message 736 of 2,093
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

If you are good to Chase they are good to you.  I applied for the CSP the 13th, I was approved for $18k. 4 days later, I appled for the Ritz on 17th, I was approved for $12k.  Thats 4 days between.  I love Chase.  Follow their rules, don't piss them off and you are golden.

The problem there is you don't really know how clear cut their rules are , if you do something they don't like they will shut down all your cards without any notice?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 737 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I haven't pissed then off yet, thank God. Funny part is I switched my direct deposits to my discover checking like 2 a month ago because they offered me a bonus, so my chase account had like 300 bucks in it, and they're like "bam, have another 5k"
Message 738 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Pretty much a golden rule.  Also, don't push the envelope by applying for too many Chase CCs in a short period of time if your profile doesn't support it.  Don't become one of those individuals who later risks AA and eventually have all your account closed.  Sign-up bonus opportunities always return.

Message 739 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

The problem there is you don't really know how clear cut their rules are , if you do something they don't like they will shut down all your cards without any notice?

Common sense should dictate whether you want to risk it or not.  Now, whether it is common for all individuals is another story.

Message 740 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.