Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

Just got off the phone, got my $300 reimbursement for Delta e-GiftCards. I bought 2 for $110, and one for $80 on 12/24 and 12/28. CSR didn't even ask what the charges were for, just asked "for the Delta charges? No problem." 

The 140k point offer was NOT showing on my account. She said she would send it into the Marketing Dept to get the promo added to my account. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1401 of 2,093
jm1991
Regular Contributor

you know, at this point i really dont think they care what the charges are. I mean, mine cleared as an online/telephone transaction. If they were baggage fees, why they hell would the transaction be online or phone, wouldnt it have to be an in person transaction? i know the people could see that, so i dont think they care. You could probably buy your ticket and they would still give you the credit as long as it has an airline's name. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 1402 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

you know, at this point i really dont think they care what the charges are. I mean, mine cleared as an online/telephone transaction. If they were baggage fees, why they hell would the transaction be online or phone, wouldnt it have to be an in person transaction? i know the people could see that, so i dont think they care. You could probably buy your ticket and they would still give you the credit as long as it has an airline's name. 

Can't you pay for checked bags online? 

Message 1403 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe so yes
Message 1404 of 2,093
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

Don't do that lol. Some credit card companies recieve a lot more information about your ticket purchase than you'd think i.e Amex. Amex will give you a detailed report of who's flying, when they're flying and i think the ticket gate too. I'm not sure how Chase handles that....

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1405 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased 4 $75 gift cards from Delta on the 26th and 29th. I called JP Morgan priority services this morning.  Received the $300 credit and was off the phone in less than a minute.  I did not inquire about my 140,000 point offer but have saved screen shots so I'm not too concerned.  I may call at some point to confirm I am enrolled in the correct promotion. Thanks to all for the advice on how to get this taken care of.  

Message 1406 of 2,093
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Just got approved for this card when I agreed to allocate 9k from my United Mileage Explorer. 

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 1407 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Just got approved for this card when I agreed to allocate 9k from my United Mileage Explorer. 

Welcome to the club.

Message 1408 of 2,093
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I was nervous to call and get my four $75 southwest gift cards refunded.  As others have mentioned they didn't ask many questions.  Just asked what it was for, i said baggauge charges, and off the phone is less then 2 mins. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 1409 of 2,093
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Welcome to the club.

Thanks Nixon.  Chase is a funny bank. At the same time they did this they gave me a 1500 auto CLI on my SWA.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 1410 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.