Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

@shinedown87 wrote:

My application was approved on Wednesday, January 28th. My card still isn't showing up on my Chase account. I called lending services (again) this morning and all they said was that it can take up to 10 days. My Marriott account has been showing my status as "gold" for the last 2-3 days. 

I have some large purchases that I want to put on the card to hit my $3,000 spending, but won't be able to hold out much longer. Hopefully they hurry!

Don't worry. Your card will get there and will be worth the wait. It comes in some very nice packaging too. Like Irish said, UPS MyChoice is great not only for keeping track of the Ritz card but other times when card issuers decide to expedite shipping. I know Amex does this a lot too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1971 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... I just got a call earlier this afternoon from the RC customer service.

They had credited me $300 twice and were just asking if I had any airline fees I would like them to apply it towards because technically it wasn't supposed to be there, otherwise they'll just take it back out.  I told them go ahead and take the credit back out since I didn't use this card for flight expenses this past month (used AMEX instead)

Ok, so while I had the rep on the phone we were clarifying what was a legitimate use of the $300 refund - she said "...yeah, the gift cards you bought from SW for $75 each weren't supposed to credited however we'll let that go..."

Oopsie!  I just wanted to add another data point: they can somehow tell SW GC's now.  

EDIT DISCLAIMER: I didn't read the last few pages so I'm not quite up to date on what they can and can't see as a GC purchase.

Message 1972 of 2,093
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Well, tomorrow will be one week, and things are still processing. I called again today, and they assured me that the application was approved, but they are waiting for a card number to be generated, which "can take some time." I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings.
Message 1973 of 2,093
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

...one more thing, am I able to quote a previous post on mobile? I click "add comment," but I can't figure out how to get it to quote.
Message 1974 of 2,093
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@shinedown87 wrote:
...one more thing, am I able to quote a previous post on mobile? I click "add comment," but I can't figure out how to get it to quote.

Not on mobile unless you go to 'full site'. 

Message 1975 of 2,093
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@shinedown87 wrote:

Not on mobile unless you go to 'full site'. 

Got it! Thanks. 

Message 1976 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They had credited me $300 twice and were just asking if I had any airline fees I would like them to apply it towards because technically it wasn't supposed to be there, otherwise they'll just take it back out.  I told them go ahead and take the credit back out since I didn't use this card for flight expenses this past month (used AMEX instead)

Ok, so while I had the rep on the phone we were clarifying what was a legitimate use of the $300 refund - she said "...yeah, the gift cards you bought from SW for $75 each weren't supposed to credited however we'll let that go..."

Oopsie!  I just wanted to add another data point: they can somehow tell SW GC's now.  

EDIT DISCLAIMER: I didn't read the last few pages so I'm not quite up to date on what they can and can't see as a GC purchase.

@Anonymous,

They can tell because they are partners with them and Chase will see 3rd party reporting from any transaction from Southwest and United airlines.  They also see 3rd party reporting from all their hotel card issued by them hence knowing spending habits - this is by their personal banker giving me info.

I believe it  because Amex does the same thing with the Delta card.  I booked a ticket and it showed everything to the seat I chose, ticket number number, flight number etc...

Its funny because my Amex offers are now tailored towards that some how since I book a first class ticket.  Offering me some very expensive things I don't care for. I wish I'd see the $20 Amazon offer LOL..Smiley Tongue 

Message 1977 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

They can tell because they are partners with them and Chase will see 3rd party reporting from any transaction from Southwest and United airlines.  They also see 3rd party reporting from all their hotel card issued by them hence knowing spending habits - this is by their personal banker giving me info.

I believe it  because Amex does the same thing with the Delta card.  I booked a ticket and it showed everything to the seat I chose, ticket number number, flight number etc...

Its funny because my Amex offers are now tailored towards that some how since I book a first class ticket.  Offering me some very expensive things I don't care for. I wish I'd see the $20 Amazon offer LOL..Smiley Tongue 

Smiley Indifferent

Not happy to hear about calls from JPM. D:

Message 1978 of 2,093
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Smiley Indifferent

Hopefully Delta GCs still work. I'm still surprised Chase never gave me any lip over the SW gift cards.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1979 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Smiley Indifferent

@Anonymous,

I agree..I also don't want a call either.  That is why we have to do research as to how best to go over these things.  The one thing I learn is, when I see a bank has partner cards with particular companies, I'd be careful what I buy as they all see everything.  Another example is Staples, I have realized both Chase and Amex get 100% data when their cards are used there.  Listing my gum, inks etc purchase.  A bit ridiculous actually..

Message 1980 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.