Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton approval question

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Ritz Carlton approval question

I have read where someone had 650 t0 660 scores with 4 paid collections got approved and i am in that area. My scores are 650s across the board and I have 1 collection reporting on EX, TU and 2 reporting on EQ. I have 12% Util. I have a BCE 15K limit and a (AU with a 10K limit). I would like to get the collections removed but Portfolio Recovery  Assc are giving me a hard time and I want this card because I will be doing some traveling soon. Income 124K a year, 3/24, 2EX inquries, and 1EQ inquiry in the last year. I opted out in the past and opted back in about a month or so ago. No prequals show up. I guess my question is do I stand a chance and if I was denied how long would I have to wait to reapply?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz Carlton approval question

I don't believe co-branded cards show on the chase pre-qual.  As for your chances of being approved, I would say your scores are probably a bit on the lower side.  But on the other hand, my co-worker was approved for this very same card with EX/EQ score in the 640 range.  However, he does have great history with chase and a deposit account with them so his internal score with chase may have given him a bit of an edge in terms of approval.  Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 12
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got the 30 day message. I called the robo lady and got the 30 day message. So any thoughts on my chances? Should I wait it out or call? 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait. The Ritz can take time for approval.

Message 4 of 12
thummel
Established Contributor

I would wait on the 30 day message. Don't call them just wait it out.
Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated 30 day along with two weeks are good messages as everytime I have applied for any chase card I have got the 30 day or two weeks and yielded approvals..  Just wait it out IMO.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Mods would disapprove if I linked, but there's a CHASE FLOW CHART OF APPROVALS on Reddit.  

Kinda neat.

30 days by Robo lady is good.  Just wait it out.  May take a week or two.

Message 7 of 12
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Well I just could not wait like everyone said but I tried. I was able to wait it out all the way til 8:10am. No patients but I guess I was lucky I called the verification number and after a couple questions about my credit report I was approved for 10K. They tried to send me the text verification but she asked if the cell phone I was using was in my name and it is not so she could not send the text for some reason thats why she asked the questions.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You made me apply! Its all your fault lol. i probably have 0 chance but what the heck right?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.