cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

I called the number and got the 7-10 day message, sounds like that isnt a good sign.  I will report back when I get something definitive.   If I get denied should I call for a reconsideration?

Message 11 of 13
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

Call and ask if there's any additional information that's needed. That's your window to push it through to an underwriter for further consideration - whatever that further consideration need may be.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 12 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In looking at creditboards.com I noticed that Chase pulls TU for Marriott Rewards, against my instincts but because I have a decent (not great though) TU that seems to be a the bottom of the range being reported as successful. Last weekend I was approved for AMEX ED and USAA Platinum so I figured if I was going to apply I would either wait 6 months or do it now so of course I pulled the trigger, got the 7-10 day message.  Should I call for a recon or wait, the email said they needed to manually review.

Sorry op. Call the app status line and see what it says. it could say 2 weeks or 30 days. if so don't give up. They pulled experian for me on the Marriot rewards card.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.